News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa Nov 13-14

Started by Flathead, November 08, 2010, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flathead

Okay instructors and shooters time to get your gear together and come to the last shoot of the year at the Georgia Mountain Shooters Association Range. To you instructors that are working this shoot drop me a line and let me know what time you will be making it to the range so I can coordinate some you being there to open up the range. We have some brand new D-targets to shoot at on the 300 yard range and the shooters get to take them home with them so they can hang it where they can either admire it or curse it!! Hope to see a bunch of you there. You will also get to see a strange way of shooting, there is going to be a bench rest shoot going on Saturday Morning where people actually set behind a bench and have bags of sand to prop the rifle up on and shoot little holes in small targets. I used to use the bench also until I realized its only benefit was to keep the hot brass from hitting the shooter next to you when you are in prone or sitting!! :D

Deadeye

Few things are more conducive to range safety than having centerfire rifles going off 200 feet away during the safety briefing. Not to mention how attentive the students are during the April 19 story.

I appreciate GMSA letting us use their facility. I wish they understood our needs a little better, especially since we ARE paying to use it.

franklinfarmer

meaning fixed (or else sarcasm broken)

Quote from: Deadeye on November 08, 2010, 12:14:48 PM
Few things are more conducive to disadvantageous for range safety than having centerfire rifles going off 200 feet away during the safety briefing. Not to mention how attentive the students are during the April 19 story.

I appreciate GMSA letting us use their facility. I wish they understood our needs a little better, especially since we ARE paying to use it.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Deadeye

::)

Son of Isaac

Last time I didn't shoot so well.  Someone mentioned that I should have my eyes checked (just kidding), so I went and had LASIK surgery this week.  My recovery, coupled with my wife's B-Day is going to force me to sit this one out.

Happy shootin'...!

shaftoe

Quote from: franklinfarmer on November 08, 2010, 12:46:46 PM
meaning fixed (or else sarcasm broken)

Quote from: Deadeye on November 08, 2010, 12:14:48 PM
Few things are more conducive to disadvantageous for range safety than having centerfire rifles going off 200 feet away during the safety briefing. Not to mention how attentive the students are during the April 19 story.

It might actually help punctuate the story, if we can coordinate beforehand.  "When y'all hear us say "Disperse ye damn rebels!" go ahead and empty a few mags."
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. --Edmund Burke

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.  --Theodore Roosevelt

Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Flathead

We will be doing the safety and history up by the club house on Saturday morning so we will be a ways away from the noise. We just need to make sure when we get ready to head down to the range every one understands which range they will be on and watch the parking lot for rifles until we get ready for them.