News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missouri Gun Show Coordinator

Started by cmidkiff, November 03, 2010, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

By exectutive decree (and because he asked for it)  Restless, one of our brand new Osage Orange Hats, has accepted the challenge of coordinating our statewide gun show efforts.

O0

Way to step up, Restless!   :bow:

Restless is going to need our help to make this work.  If he can get us tables at shows around the state, we're going to have to get there and man the booths.  I'm sure the MO crew will show their usual high level of dedication in assisting Restless in his efforts.

Thanks all,

Greybeard

Greg in MO

Cool!  Thanks Restless!  Way to step up...

Greg

Restless

Thanks!

I'm excited to be able to help out.

I'm going to start networking with all these guys this week. If I understand things correctly, RK shows has no problem donating a booth for us... Is that the case, and if so, can someone forward me the contact info for the person you work with at RK?

As far as this weekend goes, Greybeard will be at the Be Prepared Expo down in Springfield. I'm going to try and make it down for that, but it's looking iffy at best, right now.

However, Jesse and I will most definitely be attending the St. Charles gun show this weekend, where we'll be handing out as much information as we possibly can.

I'll make a thread with a list of shows, and which ones need people there as soon as I get it all figured out... Make it as simple as possible.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, thoughts, contacts, mindless banter or anything else that you think might be helpful, please let me know.
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

EEL

Restless,
Good to see ya jumping in with both feet.  If you want any ideas, Pappy is our IL gun show guru.  He has assembled a nice gun show box that gets handed around.  He might have some ideas so you don't have to re-invent the wheel again  ;D

Thanks again,
EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Restless

Thanks EEL!

Now I get to pick Pappy's brain off the shooting line as well!
;D
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

Pappy

Hello Group; The Box is a wood 4.2 mortar ammo box, its large enough so you will not run short on hand outs... MAKE sure you have a lot of shoot flyers to hand out along with the tri folds and the others Swat and blue press.. FRED the helpfull would be glad to send very large boxes to your house!!! Please PM FRED. Tell him we sent YOU, and ask for all your heart desires by the pound... BUT make sure it goes to good use, Gun shows Gun Shops Sports stores ECT You know where and when to hand them out..
Use a LTR on your table... A rifleman can use a rack grade rifle to make rifleman.
Table covers, a blanket or two tree, a painters dropcloth (unused) will work very well and they are cheap...
A BANNER would be realy nice but they are $$ and YOU willl need to buy your own, Contact Castlemountain or Fred... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

nemohunter

St. Charles show contact info.

Pete Cutelli 314-846-0751

I will be there on Saturday. i have about 300 or so trifolds that i'll be handing out. maybe we can do lunch or some such.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

cmidkiff

Western Missouri Shooter's Alliance (WMSA) has long been active at gun shows, and they're (we're... I'm the VP) very friendly to Appleseed.  In fact, WMSA has been handing out Appleseed literature for over a year now.  I'd imagine that our gun show coordinator would be happy to talk to you.  I'll talk to him about it.

If you've got a gun show in your area, concentrate on that one this weekend... I've got the Springfield show covered.  It's not really a gun show anyway... it's a preparedness expo, but it seemed a good place to get some attendees, anyway.

Pappy; Thanks for the info.  WMSA uses a heavy duty plastic wheeled chest.

Celt

Wow way to go! Glad to hear about all that's going on. Restless I'll be glad to man or help out with all the Springfield gun shows. I'm usually there at-least most of Saturday anyway ^-^. In fact with some big help from Paulette I handed out bunches of fliers for the Humansville shoots at the last one. 
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

Celt

Quote from: greybeard on November 04, 2010, 01:14:35 PM
Western Missouri Shooter's Alliance (WMSA) has long been active at gun shows, and they're (we're... I'm the VP) very friendly to Appleseed.  In fact, WMSA has been handing out Appleseed literature for over a year now.  I'd imagine that our gun show coordinator would be happy to talk to you.  I'll talk to him about it.

If you've got a gun show in your area, concentrate on that one this weekend... I've got the Springfield show covered.  It's not really a gun show anyway... it's a preparedness expo, but it seemed a good place to get some attendees, anyway.

Pappy; Thanks for the info.  WMSA uses a heavy duty plastic wheeled chest.

I'm supposed to RO at an IDPA shoot that morning but I'd be glad to come down in the afternoon if you want a hand. Just let me know.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

Missouri Brigade

I have a banner that can be used around St. Louis and southern/central Illinois.  I still need to make a stand for it.  Keep a good list of shows up and I might be able to help some when I go back to the native state.

thursday

Nemo, do you have help this weekend?  I'm afraid the date sunk up on me.  I had some other things planned, but...
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

TK

When and where is the St. Charles show this weekend maybe I can help.
TK

nemohunter

it's at the convention center across from bass pro. i have work on saturday now so i will be there sunday. Witchy is coming with but the more the merrier to me. anybody wants to show up and help is OK with me.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

mikaldulee

Sorry guys.  It's was work day at the church yesterday, and I'm an Usher this month.  Good Luck.