News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leaves aren't the only things changing color. Congrats vernic82 and The Log!!

Started by CortJestir, November 02, 2010, 04:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

I hear we don't celebrate promotions to RH or SB up here in New England quite as often as other places. Guess we're too darned busy saving a nation.  :P :D  ;)

So with that, a big hearty congratulations to The Log (formerly 2paranoid), whose hat changed color from orange to bright red and to vernic82 (aka "Freddie", "Freddieboy", and "Fred The Hurtful") for earning his Green Hat this weekend at Wallingford!

Well done both of you! Now get back to work!  ~~:)  ;D

Love,
CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Western Rose

Congratulations!!!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

vernic82

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

crak

Does this name change mean he stopped being paranoid, or does it mean he's so paranoid he has a fake name for his fake name?
Check your drama at the door.

The Log

Quote from: crak on November 02, 2010, 07:31:23 PM
Does this name change mean he stopped being paranoid, or does it mean he's so paranoid he has a fake name for his fake name?
Alright, you caught me. If this is really me, that is. I could be someone else. Or not.

Thanks guys. It's an honor to be associated with RWVA, especially the outstanding CT crew and all these great New England men and women who keep coming out to our shoots and recharging my batteries.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

fprintf

Congratulations Dan and Fred, it is well deserved for all the effort you put in.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

CortJestir

Quote from: crak on November 02, 2010, 07:31:23 PM
...or does it mean he's so paranoid he has a fake name for his fake name?

I LAWLed at this.  ;D  He's The Log, man. He's better than bad. He's good!
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

I guess it's not the only new name....perhaps I should change mine too? 

Possible new names:

Violator of Rule #22

or

Fred the Hurtful

You guys vote.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Glock23

Congrats guys - couldn't think of two more deserving of those colors!

I still want to hear how The Log earned that nickname...regale us!
And...EVERYONE violated Rule #22 at some point this weekend. I think the CT crew should use that tagline instead: "CT Appleseed: Violating Rule #22 since 1775"
I think Fred's nickname should be Fred the Killer of Grass. Big boots and new Seed don't mix. "Everyone please be mindful of the new grass seed!!  ....that I'm stepping in....ooops!"   ;D

Who_Me?

Great job on the hat change Daddy O0! You have spent so many weekends out there working on making us all better riflemen and riflewoman, you really deserve the most revered red hat :bow: hopefully it will fade a little soon so it isn't so eye-watering to look at.

:)Great job!!! :)
Love you,
Lizzy
"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein