News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tri-city Gun Club range visit this Saturday at 1:00

Started by henschman, November 02, 2010, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

Hello fellow Appleseeders;

I am pleased to announce that Tri-City Gun Club in Norman has invited us to hold an event there.  We are on the schedule for October 15-16, 2011.  They are a very active club with a packed event schedule, so next year was the earliest they could work us in.

A gentleman named Sean who attended our Chickasha event is the one who made this possible -- he is a member of the club and brought it up to the board.  I am meeting Sean this Saturday at the range to inspect the facilities and do some shooting.  Any other instructors are welcome to join us.  We will be meeting at 1:00 p.m. at the stat house on the range. 

The range is just on the other side of the Canadian river from Norman.  Directions from I-35 heading south:  Take the Goldsby exit (106) just across the river as you go South on I-35. Turn LEFT at the light and cross over I-35. Pass the equipment dealership, and watch for oncoming traffic as you turn left again onto the gravel road. You will see the gate to the range after a short distance, the gate should be open.

This range has 200 yards available, so bring your center fires!

Hopefully I'll see some of you there.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

dalesp

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

henschman

Here is the TCGC website:  http://tricitygunclub.org/

The range rules are posted here.

See you there, Dale!  Anybody else is welcome to join us. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Scarecrow

Count me as tentative for Sat.
80% chance to be there.