News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico, did you get out and vote today?

Started by Devnull, November 02, 2010, 01:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

I just wanted to remind everyone that today is election day! The day when the PEOPLE let the Gooberment know what we want done. A day of asserting the rights that people like Issac Davis died to give us. A day that gives us the opportunity to fight tyranny and show the rest of the world what AMERICA is all about!

So have you voted yet? If not, why not?

Personally I am going to take my government mandated 2 hours off of work and go do my civic duty around lunch time. How about you?

(Please do NOT post on here "I voted for XYZ!" Like I always say, Repub, dem, whiskey or bourbon, I don't care. JUST VOTE!!!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

JustJeff

I'll be hitting the polls around noon with Nancy.  She doesn't like to go alone, so we vote together.

^:)^  Done!  ..:..  Let the 'pink-slips' be handed out!!! !@#)
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

SamD

Gloria and I done did it last week.
I'm glad that all the lies and rhetoric will be off the air for at least a day.

Sam

oladcock

Yep, we did. At least firing one and hiring another doesn't hurt the unemployment numbers!  ++) ...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

duc-dog

If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Devnull

10 minutes till the polls close. I both love and loath the next couple of hours after each election. "Did the people of this state wake up yet?" "Did I choose the right candidates?" "What will the next congressional session bring?" "When can I get contact info for the new office holders?" "What percentage got out and voted this time?" and on and on...

I guess it really doesn't matter and it is all icebergs of sorts, but I LOVE watching democracy in action!

Jerry Hall

Now that I've done this part of my civic duty... It's time to do some more!!!

Glad to see y'all er out doin it too!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

SamD

oladcock

Well it was a good night all across the nation. Not perfect but a good start, still got a lot of work to do. Letters to the incoming and the ones left standing need to go out from everybody by the end of the week and let them know in no uncertain terms what we expect. This wave of liberty that they think was so big hasn't come close to cresting yet...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

nmmi9100

I voted a couple weeks ago.  Gal was shocked about how little time it took me.  Downloaded the ballot for Santa Fe County, precinct 84 and made all my selections days in advance.

Didn't have to cross party lines at all on this one.

No on all the bonds.

No on all the Constitutional Amendments.

Fire all the judges.

Done.

-David
Edgewood, NM

tdhop1

You must have been looking over my shoulder David!
Rifleman

Every shot fired is a shot fired in defence of Liberty

SamD

Sorry Dave but I had to vote for Petra. She carries a classy pistol

Strawberry Roan

I did some picking and choosing around the ballot as far as candidates were concerned, but no on all amendments, bonds and judges!  After the dust settled, I just had to shake my head, seeing some of our not so finest returning, nationally speaking.  Now it's all about reminding all of them that we'll be watching to get ready for the next election.  Improper choices makes for improper(for them)votes! ~~:) ^-^

Devnull

Quote from: Strawberry Roan on November 06, 2010, 08:47:34 PM
I did some picking and choosing around the ballot as far as candidates were concerned, but no on all amendments, bonds and judges!  After the dust settled, I just had to shake my head, seeing some of our not so finest returning, nationally speaking.  Now it's all about reminding all of them that we'll be watching to get ready for the next election.  Improper choices makes for improper(for them)votes! ~~:) ^-^

Yeah, things didn't go totally as I had hoped...

I don't do a straight ticket EVER! I can't think of one election where I have only liked one parties candidates. One really must look closely at each politician and make a choice as both parties have winners and losers. (More losers than anything else unfortunately...)

We did however get rid of that useless state house rep up here!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ He made the mistake of coming to my house the last election and he lied to my face about what he was going to do and support so I made it my PERSONAL mission to get the word out about what a snake in the grass he is. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!) Well we sent him PACKING!  O0

Hey congresscritters, were watching man! You'd better do better this time around or were going to send YOU packing in the next election!

Now to invite them all to Appleseed!  >:D

oladcock

"Now to invite them all to Appleseed!"

LOL....We've got a state senator who I'd invited to an AS then some time later in a local politics chatroom I called him a RINO for something he did. I get this phone call a 9am on a Saturday morning and he was pissed! Long story short, the call lasted 30+ min and he's avoided me since in public places. Doubt we'll ever see him at an AS. So we'll lose a few potentials if we speak our minds....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Devnull

Quote from: oladcock on November 10, 2010, 01:17:21 PM
"Now to invite them all to Appleseed!"

LOL....We've got a state senator who I'd invited to an AS then some time later in a local politics chatroom I called him a RINO for something he did. I get this phone call a 9am on a Saturday morning and he was pissed! Long story short, the call lasted 30+ min and he's avoided me since in public places. Doubt we'll ever see him at an AS. So we'll lose a few potentials if we speak our minds....O.L.

So give him a call! Tell him he can come out and show what he stands for! Don't forget to get other people haranguing him to come to an AS. Peer pressure still works on adults ya know!  O0

SamD

With a 2 day commitment, he can redeem hisself, if he wants to.  :cool2: