News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

G.B. Get's back to work

Started by Gopher Boy, November 01, 2010, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

Many of you have been following my trials with my work.

Well I am pleased to announce that I landed the job I wanted.   ^:)^

I'm no longer traveling to Michigan for work I get to stay right here in the land of Suck.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, wishes and prayers during this time.  It's kept me going.

Congrats to me...  I'm going back to work.   ~~:)

G.B.

TreadCarefully

Well done GB! Glad it worked out. Guess Michigan will be a little short handed now.....
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

ITB

Congrats, man.  Glad to hear it.  Now sic Moose and Rocco on B/G CA to help them find their checkbook.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

mtbrass

Good news. Glad to hear it! Take care.

Deacon

Great news G.B.!

Maybe IL may not be the "land of suck" since your found a good job????......................what was I thinking...........of course it is!

Glad you're back to work O0

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Miki

Whoo-Hooo! (That's how we say HUZZAH in Michigan.) Guess it my turn to border raid IL.  ^-^

Ashes

Gopher Boy

I think Michigan is actaully say....

Thank God...  Now we don't have to deal with him.    ;D

Not so fast.  I was born in Dearborn,  My Father worked for 35 years in the Rouge Plant,  Mom 37 with FMCC.  My uncle was Chief of Police for Dearborn for years.  If your getting the idea that I bleed Ford Blue, or Maze and Blue on Saturdays in the fall.  Your correct...  You'll not get rid of me so fast.

Some place in Michigan right now there is an IIT going...   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....      **)

Michigan...  I love you guys.  I'll come a visit for sure.  With TC, BeeFree, ITB, and Miki  the IITs are in excellent hands.  Don't let them slack especially that Koolman guy.   &)

G.B.

RedNekEngr

Great news GB.  I'm very happy for you.
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

MeanStreaker

Really glad to hear that Todd.

You'll still be coming to Gibsonburg regularly though... right?   ;)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

EEL

GB, That's outstanding news man!!!  ^:)^  Guess I can scratch that worrisome note off my list!

Really, really good news

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

posterboy

Fantastic news........ ^:)^

couldn't happen to a better fella

pb

SkyHawk

Great News GB!!!  Congrats!!!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Gopher Boy

Meanstreaker and Posterboy, Heck Ohio in general

A Michigander come down near Cedar Point just to give you guys a poke.  No,  that never happens.  I'm sure Koolman will bring me back with all of those Maze and Blue easy ups he bought.  I have no idea what those could be for....     **)

I'll be back for sure, plus I made a promise to a great man (ok, it was the whole family) that I would came and visit Athens too.  (Rob, the red looks GGGGGOOOODDDD)

To every one.  I know it's been your thoughts and prayers that made this possible.

G.B.

Reveille

The job that you always wanted?  You mean to tell me that you got the firearms testing  job that you wanted? :~ :---  You are a lucky man!  I will look for your product reviews in SWAT magazine. ^:)^
All kidding aside, congratulations and welcome back.  I look forward to working with you soon. 
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

koolman68

His new job is bittersweet, so don't assume my silence is disapproval. GB is a great guy and I wish only the best for him and his family, but I must say it will be refreshing not being thrown under the bus so often when he is SB. ~~:) But I will miss the bi-weekly visits :'(

Castle Mountain

You have been granted the desires of your heart and your needs met.
God is good and he no doubt cares for you. You can breath deep now
and enjoy your future Gopher Boy. Looking forward to dinner out
when you come down to Peoria way. We want to learn more about that Olympian
track  star son of yours. We are so happy for you.

We certainly hope G69 and family have all their needs met as well.
I know tough times have hit a few within our ranks.

Cheers,

Castle Mountain

Quote from: Gopher Boy on November 01, 2010, 07:05:16 PM
Many of you have been following my trials with my work.

Well I am pleased to announce that I landed the job I wanted.   ^:)^

I'm no longer traveling to Michigan for work I get to stay right here in the land of Suck.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, wishes and prayers during this time.  It's kept me going.

Congrats to me...  I'm going back to work.   ~~:)

G.B.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

ITB

Quote from: koolman68 on November 02, 2010, 01:57:54 PMbut I must say it will be refreshing not being thrown under the bus so often when he is SB. ~~:)

Don't worry, Koolman.  Us future local SB's will be more than happy to take over for GB.  There are plenty of buses to be thrown under.   &)

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Gopher Boy

ITB

I have trained you well young jedi    **)

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Great News Todd!
Are there any other openings?  ;)
I really need to find something else FAST!

Congrats Brother!  O0

Boba

Jungle George

Yea!!! GB way to go!!!   ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Pappy

Hello Group; We are happy for you and yours, I hope that it is all you want it to be... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..