News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingman Appleseed

Started by BullheadJohn, November 01, 2010, 11:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullheadJohn

Hello All:
Wow!  This was our first appleseed event.  I brought my 9 year old son and we both had a great time!
VENUE:
The event was held at the Kingman shooting range.  The range was well maintained ad the shooting conditions were excellent.  Weather was warm & sunny, with breezy conditions in the morning, but calm in PM.
ATTENDEES:
Great Bunch!  All were fine folks, willing to share experiences, advice & help where needed.
INSTRUCTOR:
To sum up...AWSOME!!!...
1)Taught basic NPOA techniques with clear, concise manner, always willing to answer any questions.  Spent about the right amount of time with verbal explanations, emphasizing safety, transitioned to firing line demonstrations for practical 'learn by experience' methodology.
2) Very Knowledgeable about Revolutionary War events and persons of interest.  Read from multiple quotations and historical event narratives from documents he brought.  Really enjoyed the informal discussions that he facilitated... got a new perspective on the sacrifices made by regular people.
MOST IMPORTANT THINGS WE TOOK FROM THIS EVENT:
1)  I used to think about our "Founding Fathers" as being an small group of men (Adams, Hancock, Jefferson, Washington, etc.)  Both my son and I now realize, that many folks from all levels of society sacrificed much for the cause of freedom.
2)  There is a lot more to shooting sports than pointing a rifle at an target and squeezing a trigger.

AZbinary

Glad you enjoyed the event.  I'd really like to make it to one of those Norhtern venues one of these days.

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

True son of liberty

Came straight home and relived our weekend with wife and family! Johnny Appleseed was the best teacher anyone could hope to have, blending education with entertainment. I for one cannot wait to return and score my rifleman badge.

SavageShootr

BullheadJohn and TrueSonofLiberty,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed the Appleseed event.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

BHJ---TSoL-----you do the founders proud ! Many thanx for all your efforts and like fathers --your sons too, have the heart of a Rifleman  O0

We have an After Action Report here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18108.0

Now for a tough question --- what was the smallest group size observed ? LOL

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Diamondslash

Had a great great time even with no sling. Got all the goods coming. :}) Johnny Appleseed, great instructor hope we meet up again.  I will see all whom I shot with again cuz this is addicting.   
  Keep yer powder dry !

redrockman

To Johnny Appleseed et al,
Had fantastic time, so much to learn and so little time. "GREAT" instructor, firm yet patient, encouraging yet persistent!!! Waiting for 1-1/4" cotton sling, "Tech sight" and ordered a jacket from "Fred's" too!!!
  Wonderful to learn about History that actually happened on April 18th 1775 and days after.

AS to shooting conditions, gentile AZ breeze, just enough to keep targets flat on backing boards, plenty of sunshine and comfortable temps......... Can't ask for more than that. Excellent host sight 7 mile Gun Club, clean too.

Looking forward to another shoot with same "Boss".........
This "cook" Almost made "sharpshooter", missed it by a "wee" bit, the journey continues......... 

Johnnyappleseed

Wow -- Thank you all for your hard work and  determination  O0

Each of you have shown the character andn heart of a Rifleman  O0

It is truly a pleasure and an honor to have met and worked with each of you this past weekend ;)

Did anyone take pic's  ?  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Patriot Wife

Greetings to those who attended the Kingman shoot,

What a great time.

Thanks Johnny Appleseed for such a great event.  You are a gifted instructor, firm yet forgiving.

The format of 'a little fun and a little learning' was right on the money.  Thank you for the infusion
of the RW history and those of all walks who were a part of it.

Thanks to fellow shooters who made it a fun and comfortable place to learn (a lot).

The learning curve was steep, but oh so worth it.

Special kudos to the gents who included their sons.  They are the future of our Republic.
Bless you for having the foresight to make sure they understand our history and the preservation of the training.

Ready for a little flashback?  Pics are attached.

Enjoy.

Patriot Wife

And some more pics.

Patriot Wife

And some more pics!

SavageShootr

Thanks Patriot Wife for sharing your experience and pictures. Welcome to the forum.

JA will be back as Shoot Boss for the next Kingman Appleseed, November 27-28, 2010. Hopefully you can make it to that one too.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

AZOpie

Thanks for chiming in PW. Hope you don't mind - I added your pictures to the AZ Facebook page too. It's always great to hear back from those who attend the shoots,  THANK YOU for coming out!

John

SavageShootr

Patriot Wife,

Johnnyappleseed posted a comment to you on the AAR here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18108.0

SS