News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nice to meet ya'll

Started by Alpha Chicken, October 30, 2010, 09:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpha Chicken

Introductions are in order.

My names Tyson Lauby and I just attended my second Appleseed shoot in Osage Beach last weekend (two years lapse). I didn't make rifleman there as my highest score was 172, but I went to the range today with Restless & Jesse (they did the boot camp) and am pleased to report I shot 206 on the AQT. Just a little more fine tuning and that patch is mine. Then I can start working the K.D. range with my AR-10. WOOT!!

I want to say thanks to all the instructors at the Osage Beach shoot and I can't wait to meet more Appleseeders at the Alton shoot where I hope to bring my co-worker Bert for some instruction.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

H. L. Mencken
    US editor (1880 - 1956)

Gramma Goats

Come on out to the shoot Nov 13-14 at Humansville MO... we give patches there too   ;D

Quote from: Alpha Chicken on October 30, 2010, 09:58:31 PM
Introductions are in order.

My names Tyson Lauby and I just attended my second Appleseed shoot in Osage Beach last weekend (two years lapse). I didn't make rifleman there as my highest score was 172, but I went to the range today with Restless & Jesse (they did the boot camp) and am pleased to report I shot 206 on the AQT. Just a little more fine tuning and that patch is mine. Then I can start working the K.D. range with my AR-10. WOOT!!

I want to say thanks to all the instructors at the Osage Beach shoot and I can't wait to meet more Appleseeders at the Alton shoot where I hope to bring my co-worker Bert for some instruction.

"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Gramma Goats on October 30, 2010, 10:08:10 PM
Come on out to the shoot Nov 13-14 at Humansville MO... we provide you the opportuntity to EARN a patch there too   ;D

Since RWVA doesn't give out anything that's not earned, I edited the post for clarity.  O0 ;D

Castle Mountain

Congratulations Alpha Chicken. Congratulations. Well done.  O0 O0 O0 Yes indeed Osage Beach was a splendid
weekend for us all. Indeed a time to remember.It was great to witness such persistence by most.
I just wish we were not hammered buy chest and head colds that weekend. You will enjoy Alton, I am certain. O0

Best regards,

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in