News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas Oct 30-31 Appleseed Carpooling

Started by Rafn, October 28, 2010, 03:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafn

Anyone attending the Oct 30-31 Appleseed who is staying on the strip (or is near the Mirage) and wants to pool for car rental or taxi?

Thanks!

desertrat144

I don't know if you are familiar with the LV area, but renting a car will be the cheapest transportation resolution.  There's a load of construction detours, and the distances are substantial.  Getting a cab to zero in to the area at the CCSP will be a problem too.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

LayloPro

Rafn,
I will be SB'ing this event, and staying @ Harrah's (saves Fred the hotel bill).. ::)...we will have a rental; so if you get over to Harrahs @ 0:early-thirty, will have a ride out to the range, if that works for you..... O0

You will, however, be captive audience to the Instructors as well..... >:D O0 @)

What say you? :cool2: ;D

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Xeyed

Rafn,

Cabs in Vegas are funny. they make so much money working the strip you can barely get them to go off strip. People wait for hours. Not reliable.

Recommend Renting a car or taking Laylo up on his offer.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Rafn

Quote from: LayloPro on October 29, 2010, 01:16:59 AM
Rafn,
I will be SB'ing this event, and staying @ Harrah's (saves Fred the hotel bill).. ::)...we will have a rental; so if you get over to Harrahs @ 0:early-thirty, will have a ride out to the range, if that works for you..... O0

You will, however, be captive audience to the Instructors as well..... >:D O0 @)

What say you? :cool2: ;D

LLP

Wonderful, thanks!
What time?  Where in the hotel?
Tom
907-360-2876

LayloPro

Hey Tom,

I will be leaving on Sat am @ 6:30am.....we will be at the range following the shoot, and then having an AAR afterwards, so please plan on staying, unless we can work out something else.....
Sunday will probably leave a bit later, say about 7:00.....
I am, as they say, somewhat anal about punctuality.....and I hate to wait.....I'm sure you know the feeling..... @@)

The cabs usually drop off in the rear by valet, so that will work.....let me know what hat/shirt you're wearing, so I'll know who you are......

As for me, God help me, look for the -Young- Kenny Rogers twin..... :))

Kinda hard to miss.... :-\

909-226-9333
Ian

I won't have any ISP service while out there, they charge far more than it's worth....

See ya there!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Rafn

Quote from: LayloPro on October 29, 2010, 01:20:56 PM
I am, as they say, somewhat anal about punctuality.....and I hate to wait.....I'm sure you know the feeling..... @@)

Definitely - already located the taxi area - only about a 5 min walk.  Just look for the pelican 720 with lots of hazard tape.

Thanks!
Tom

Xeyed

Rafn,

Welcome to  Nevada.

I noticed a 907 area code on your cell.

Alaska?

You will probably be the longest distance to attend the shoot.

If you got any las vegas questions or need anything, drop me PM.

Charlie
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib