News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need for an Appleseed Directory?

Started by tittiger, October 27, 2010, 11:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tittiger

Pop and I were chatting at boot camp about the idea of an Appleseed directory of some sort.
The thing is that I can't even get a hold of Pop  because I don't know his handle here.

Maybe you younger guys can keep it all straight but those of us with the beginnings of old timers disease
struggle. :-)

Any how I would like to propose a voluntary directory where Appleseeders can volunteer as much or as little
info as they want to make public  about themselves to compile said directory.  When I used to ride bike a lot - the BMW community
had such a beast and it was very handy at times.

Let me know I would be more than happy to take it upon myself to get something started.
Give me your ideas and input or shoot it down. Either way I am all ears...

TIA (thanks in advance)

-- Joe

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

cmidkiff

Just from a MO point of view... I maintain a fairly complete list of MO instructors, contact info and such.  It's come in handy on many occasions.  Before someone asks... no, I don't give out contact info.  You need someone, ask me, I'll contact them for you and give them your info.

In the meantime, if you need to contact someone associated with the program, you might contact their state coordinator... I know I'm not the only one who tries to keep a current list.

You might discuss your idea with crack, techres, and scuzzy.  There is some work being done on an automated instructor application that might just fill the same niche.

Greg in MO

Oddly enough, Pop's handle on the forums is POP.  Go fig...

Not that such a list is a bad idea, but these things have been attempted before, like the IIT contact list.  I'm not sure how effective it actually is, as keeping such things up to date is a problem.  I have quite a collection of instructor numbers in my cell now.  It covers a ton of states.  I add more just about every Appleseed. 

You can also put information in your online profile, so if you want people to be able to contact you there is that possibility. 

Greg

tittiger

Thanks Greg and Chris.

I am not so diligent as to collect phone numbers on a consistent basis and to tell you the truth if it is not
someone that I interface with on a regular basis I tend to confuse details, forget the
face that goes with the name, etc. etc.

In the meantime I keep  my very simple and incomplete database.

--Joe

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine