News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseeders at Ron Paul speech in Bloomington tonight

Started by TBE, October 25, 2010, 10:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBE

I just got back from the IU auditorium where Young Americans For Liberty hosted a speech by Congressman Ron Paul.

I wore my shirt and thought I might run into another Apple Seeder, but wans't sure.  Not only did I meet one, but I met about six!  Even better, they were six seeders that I had not met before!  We are starting to really put some people on the board in Indiana.  I like it!

I'm terrible with names, but it was really good meeting those of you I met!  I look forward to seeing you on the line in the near future. 

Anyone else catch the speech?
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

Niecie

TBE,

You never stop 7th steppin' !! You are an inspiration, and a great American, I might add.  O0

Niecie

techres

I just got back from the Irish Lion where I tried to get a flyer in his hand while wearing full Appleseed uniform (Tshirt and red hat).  Got the handshake part in but he was on his way out so the pitch did not happen as I planned. (I had no warning, Two appleseeders from Bedford called me to tell me where they were and to "get the flyers and make the pitch" and I did what I could ad hoc).

Remember, we can do the same for any politician, so you see them in a public place and I am happy to make the pitch with flyers in hand!

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

TBE

You know what?  I have always told people just this, but they just don't seem to believe me. 

Quote from: Niecie on October 25, 2010, 10:43:59 PM
TBE,

You are an inspiration, and a great American, I might add.  O0

Niecie
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

colycat

Well, good effort Tech,  we don't always succeed.  I have my own list of failures.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Josey Wales

..After all, Ron Paul is a pretty good man..
..I have seen his voting record and.....I Like........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

techres

Was SPQR there too?  I keep wondering what kind of notice a group of 5-10 in shirts & hats would have at that kind of event.   

Then again, the two of you are worth 10 others!   :cool2:

Quote from: TBE on October 25, 2010, 11:15:25 PM
You know what?  I have always told people just this, but they just don't seem to believe me. 

Quote from: Niecie on October 25, 2010, 10:43:59 PM
TBE,

You are an inspiration, and a great American, I might add.  O0

Niecie
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

TBE

I don't know if SPQR was there or not.  He's a busy man lately.

SPQR

SPQR has yet again had some family issues interrupt his otherwise blossoming career as a marksmanship instructor but endeavors at all times to maintain a positive outlook.  He admits that he is not the 7th stepper that TBE is, TBE being naturally pleasant and endearing to people (Bedford Contingent was all him on every level, any way you want to frame it we owe three GREAT Blue Hats, two shoots, and a couple handfuls of Riflemen to him and an intrepid venture into the Naughty Dog).  SPQR often appears off-putting (maybe vain/arrogant) or eccentric so he must 7th step by picking specific targets and hoping they may glean greater benefits downriver.  He regrets not making the Ron Paul appearance and leaving his running buddy on his own as many of the topics were in his wheelhouse but there was nothing to be done of it.

P.S. TBE is inspiring.  He inspires us to eat better, be hygienic, and make better friends or risk a life associating with the likes of bim.

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Chilidog

No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine