News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas' newest Red Hat!!

Started by starfox, October 25, 2010, 09:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

In case anyone hasn't seen the announcement here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17968.0

Our own range-bag-a-testin', top notch and all around High Quality Individual(tm), dragit made Red Hat!!!!!   ^:)^

Congratulations Tommy, very well deserved, you are a HUUGE asset to the Texas Instructor Corp.  I'm honored and proud to know you and welcome you to the ranks of the Texas Red Hats!!!!   ..:..

Again...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :---
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

CaptG

Congratulations Tommy!  :bow:  ^:)^ Hope to see you again soon.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Aromatic

Reddot

Congratulations Tommy, Huzzah!!
I know how hard you've been working on this.  I'm very proud of you and I know the rest of the Texas cadre is as well.
Best wishes and I'm looking forward to working with you on the trail--a green hat's in your future!!
v/r,
Chuck

dragit

Thanks all.  I used to race motorcycles in my younger days and one thing I missed about it was seeing a lot of friends and meeting new ones every weekend.  The kind of down-to-earth people from all walks of life that make you realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I found that again in Appleseed.  I am not able to do AS every weekend but wish I could.  The week at work after attending one is pretty boring and I find myself not only thinking about the past weekend but also the next shoot.  

My Grandfather at 18 years of age on the Honey Creek Ranch is my avatar, I am his posterity.  Not a day goes by I do not think about him and the things he was not able to teach me due to cancer when I was 13.  My posterity (two daughters) and wife (her first AS) came with me this past weekend and now are very interested in participating.  When the 9 year old asked why my OH was on a target backer and found out we were about to put a lot of holes in it she ran down and placed herself in front of it. (No rifles were on the line.)  She wants me to give her that hat when she becomes a riflewoman!  (Thank you Larry for donating your old OH to the cause.)  She put some holes in Larry's hat with a twenty two and then proceeded to fire my AR with a bit of support.  But now I have a problem because my wife and 12 year old want it also.

Thanks to all the fine instructors and participants I get to "work" with in a worthy cause.  I look forward to the future and that pay raise that comes along with a RH.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

Baminal

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

Just wait till that pay raise kicks in! I'd always wondered about your avatar. Thanks for sharing the story. And you're absolutely right about AS giving hope. Meeting people like you and all the other instructors makes one realize that there are still plenty of good people in this country.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

RainmanJS

Congratulations Tommy, I hope to work with you again soon.
No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.  -Plato