News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Just thought I'd introduce myself...

Started by Restless, October 25, 2010, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restless

My name is Derek Parker, and I just attended my first Appleseed shoot in Osage Beach.
It was a week long Rifleman boot camp, and I absolutely loved it. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I decided to take an orange hat when the offer was made.

I am honored to be a part of this program, and am looking forward to meeting all the interesting people involved with this.

I'll be attending the shoot in Alton, Il in November. Hopefully I'll see some familiar faces, and make some new friends as well.

If anyone is in the St. Louis area, and would like to get together and shoot, let me know.
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

AFTERMATH

Huzza!  You made it onto the forum!
Don't be afraid to ask for help when you get lost in this labyrinth of knowledge.
It happens to the best of us!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Restless

Thanks!
Having some experience with the forums in the past, I was pretty surprised how extensive this one is!
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

TK

Welcome! It was great to meet you and I look forward  to working on the line with you soon.

thursday

Welcome aboard.
and Thanks for taking up the hat, we refuse no help that is cheerfully offered. O0
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Garand69

Quote from: Restless on October 25, 2010, 09:39:07 PM
Thanks!
Having some experience with the forums in the past, I was pretty surprised how extensive this one is!

Careful Restless, you try to read it all your brain will explode and ooze out your ears :o
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Patriot Gal

Welcome Restless!!!  Congrats on the orange hat!!  ^:)^ I believe you will wear it well!! O0
You were the epitomy of perseverence this past week at the RBC.  You earned that Rifleman patch with great determination. (and a few sore muscles) O0

Are you signed up as an IIT at the Alton shoot??

Looking forward to seeing you "on the trail"!

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

jmdavis

Hey Derek,

It's good to see you on here and it was good to meet you at the RBC. Congratulations on joining the program.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Restless

Thank you all for the kind words.

I would love to sign up as an IIT for the Alton shoot!

Could someone point me in the right direction for making that happen on here?

thursday

Quote from: Restless on October 26, 2010, 03:30:27 PM

P.M. instructor scheduling and the shoot boss, who I believe is The Guy at that shoot, requesting to work the shoot.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Boba Fett

Quote from: thursday on October 26, 2010, 06:20:33 PM
Quote from: Restless on October 26, 2010, 03:30:27 PM

P.M. instructor scheduling and the shoot boss, who I believe is The Guy at that shoot, requesting to work the shoot.

I'll be the SBIT at Alton, so copy me on that PM as well so I know I can count you in for the weekend. Looking forward to seeing you again Derek.  O0

Boba

Patriot Gal

Glad you're on board, Restless.  I watched how you persevered at Osage Beach until you achieved your Rifleman score. 

Then to watch you take your orange hat after The Guy gave out the invitation, was inspirational. 

I have to admit, I too, was a bit overwhelmed with emotion.  You and the other orange hats and Riflemen who came out of the RBC are the epitomy of the true American Rifleman. 

Welcome aboard to Appleseed and may you have a long, successful run with us.
See you on the trail!

Patriot Gal   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan