News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Plano American Legion Gun Show rescheduled to NOV 13th, 2010

Started by Reveille, October 25, 2010, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reveille

Hello all.
I was just informed that the Plano, IL American Legion will be hosting another 1 day Gun Show on November 13th from 8am till 230pm. ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. ..:.. ^:)^
The table is reserved and the opportunity to get out the word is at hand.  I will be there at 7am to start the set up and I could use some energetic able bodied Rifleman to help spread the word.  This is a great venue and at the July 31st show we had a very good turn out......they even have breakfast available. O0 ;)  Come on out for a few hours, do some shopping and help talk some Citizens into becoming Great Americans. O0 ^-^
I hope to see you there.  Rev.

A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Garand69

Thanks Rev

Any takers, we have a lot to push!!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Reveille

I need some updated trail flyers ASAP or this thing isn't going to happen.  Garand could you give me a call?  Does anyone have a updated file they could post or PM me so if need be I could try to print some off?
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Garand69

Sounds good Rev, I'll give you a call a bit later. I should be able to meet you in the middle or so.  O0

Anyone else out there able to help staff this event??? Gun shows are gravy when you have a little help.
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Reveille

This show has been rescheduled for Nov 13th.  They did not have enough commitments by vendors for this weekend.  :wall: :wb: I may be in Alton that weekend but I am sure that we can get it covered one way or another.  Good news is I got lot's of flyer's and tri-folds now! O0

Garand69

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

M1D

Went to the Plano Gun Show today.  Very low turnout of both vendors and customers (deer season) but a very high percentage of the folks I talked to were very interested.  Several took notes on the Tech Sights and slings and 'how do you do this or that'. I've never seen so many people that had to look through them the sights.  Several took the time to read almost all of the Six Steps.  I definitely expect t see some of them on the line.
All in all, worth the trip.
John
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Garand69

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

M1D

Forgot to mention I 'corralled' the Police chief of Somonauk and got a 'commitment' to send each of his officers to an event at Waterman with their newly acquired M16A2 (I think they share it but that is another story).
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Garand69

Quote from: M1D on November 16, 2010, 08:45:54 PM
Forgot to mention I 'corralled' the Police chief of Somonauk and got a 'commitment' to send each of his officers to an event at Waterman with their newly acquired M16A2 (I think they share it but that is another story).

See how much fun Gun Show Promo's are!!! You get to corral Police Chiefs!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^

Great work M1D O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz