News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Hartford - November 20/21, 2010 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, October 25, 2010, 12:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Hartford Appleseed - November 20-21, 2010
Last Updated: November 30, 2010

Event Information

Date:November 20-21, 2010
Shoot Boss:TOMINCT
Instructors/IITs:The Log, Vernic82 (Sun Only), Glock23 (Sat Only)
Pre-Registrations: 19/20
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10595.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/804578516%20%20%20%20%20
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10595.0;attach=30818
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hat(s) needed
  • Orange Hats needed
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (Target line - vernic82; shoot box - CortJestir)
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

Whoops! Don't know why this didn't have a Dashboard...

CortJestir

Well done folks! What is that? Our 6th or 7th sold out shoot this year??  :bow: :bow:

The Log

Glad we sold out - HGC is always a great venue for us. On the other hand, my kids wanted to go and give it another try. Guess I'll stick them on the waiting list, or just wait for Colebrrrrrrrrrrrrook. Now if we can just get a few more instructors...

Are we shooting from under cover on that pistol range? I know there's a cover, but I can't recall if it's deep enough for prone.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

Quote from: The Log on November 02, 2010, 07:32:23 PM
Are we shooting from under cover on that pistol range? I know there's a cover, but I can't recall if it's deep enough for prone.

Most likely not. The tables are fixed so shooters would need to crawl underneath them if we were to shoot under cover.

Have your kids come anyway and they can shoot if there are any no-shows. And if not, they can help do other volunteery things. I forgot to tell them (and you) what a great help they were getting ready for Wallyworld. O0

vernic82

The problem at Colebrook's Pistol Range House IIRCC are the doors at each port - an LSO or RSO cannot see down the line to check for safety because the doors open up and block off each shooter.

Quote from: CortJestir on November 02, 2010, 07:34:25 PM
Quote from: The Log on November 02, 2010, 07:32:23 PM

Most likely not. The tables are fixed so shooters would need to crawl underneath them if we were to shoot under cover.

Have your kids come anyway and they can shoot if there are any no-shows. And if not, they can help do other volunteery things. I forgot to tell them (and you) what a great help they were getting ready for Wallyworld. O0
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CortJestir

This is for Hartford's pistol range, vernic, not Colebrook.  ;)

vernic82

Sorry - must've bumped my head on one of those bolted in tables........ :-[
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Well, we just had a big group of 5 shooters (and there may be more) switch registrations to our Lebanon shoot in January. So that means 5 spots opened up. Good for Lebanon. Baaaaad for Hartford - that's 25% of the line! I know of at least 4 who were on the waiting list for this event that just got an email that spots are open.

But let's not rely on that, shall we? Maybe these folks made other plans? Maybe they signed up for another shoot?

So feel free to get the word out yet again to sell out this line, folks!

Thanks,
CJ

p.s. Dan, get your kids signed up quick - we're revving up the promo machine.  ~~:)

The Log

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I hear and obey, High Prince of Beef Jerky. I have a couple of likely prospects at work that blew me off for BTR. Doing it in Wallyworld would have been easier for them, but the trip up 91 to East Granby isn't all that bad. I'll see what I can do.

Seems like we might be a little understaffed, though. How about some of our newly minted IITs stepping up? We'll only have three instructors, so there will be plenty of chances to strut your stuff. It's the most fun you'll ever have with a gray T-shirt on  ^:)^
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

Any idea when we'll be able to see 2011 event pre-reg #'s?
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude