News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Big Reno Gun Show- November 5-7, 2010

Started by gglovesguns, October 20, 2010, 08:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Lou from the Big Reno Gun show has donated another free table for us in the lobby. This is the third show in a row that he's done this for us!  ^:)^ Who can staff the table? I have to work on Friday, but I can be there Saturday. I have church on Sunday. Thanks for pitching in guys and gals!

desertrat144

I'll take the Friday watch and bring some display rifles.  Does anyone have spare AQTs, or Red Coats?  I'll take care of the 'check in' process on Thursday.  I believe we will have power again- $&(^$ scooter batteries again!  ;D

I'll need Real Names- first & last for the passes.  Post here, or PM me as your comfort level allows.

Two things re this show:
    Adaptive Appleseed (qualified under The Adaptive Appleseed Manual)  & Husbands of Deployed Wives having Guest Status at AS, and
    Did Lou & family get invites to upcoming N.NV Appleseeds?

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Chris_H

I've got several AQT's & Redcoats & should be able to help out on Saturday, but I need to confirm (I'm getting pulled into an extra day of work every week lately -  ++))

I don't have much in the way of promotional materials, aside from the items we put in shooter packets.

Chris

desertrat144

Quote from: Chris_H on October 21, 2010, 11:53:12 AM
I've got several AQT's & Redcoats & should be able to help out on Saturday, but I need to confirm (I'm getting pulled into an extra day of work every week lately -  ++))

Chris

Don't complain, you're doing better than a lot of folks having a solid job.  PM me, we will need to figure out how to get them transferred  so I set them up Friday.  I'll make sure there's power to charge my batteries.

Do you know if Lou & family received anything (invites, formal Thank You's, &c.) from Appleseed?

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

desertrat144

OK folks- it time to figure out who is showin and when:

Thurs.- Tom will pick up passes & table info.

Fri.: Tom (as long as he lasts), ___your name here_____

Sat.: GG, Chris H (?), ___your name here_____

Sun.: ___your name here_____

Question still unanswered: Was Lou given a 1. Certificate of Appreciation from AS, and 2. A pass to one of our Seeds?
Tom

gglovesguns

Quote from: desertrat144 on October 26, 2010, 02:09:30 PM

Question still unanswered: Was Lou given a 1. Certificate of Appreciation from AS, and 2. A pass to one of our Seeds?
Tom

Yes, Balddragn presented him with a free Appleseed pass made by Eaglescouter at the last show. If you want to bring a thank you card or something along those lines, it sure can't hurt!

gglovesguns

Quote from: Chris_H on October 21, 2010, 11:53:12 AM

I don't have much in the way of promotional materials, aside from the items we put in shooter packets.

Chris

Chris, what pulled me into AS was a gentleman at a gun show passing out info from the shooter's packets. It got me hooked and I brought Mr. GG with me! I have plenty of National Trifolds I can bring with me on Saturday.

featherblue

I have a bunch of the Trifolds (compliments of gg) that I can give to Chris this coming weekend at the G'ville Appleseed.

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

Chris_H

Quote from: gglovesguns on October 27, 2010, 05:06:26 PM
Chris, what pulled me into AS was a gentleman at a gun show passing out info from the shooter's packets. It got me hooked and I brought Mr. GG with me! I have plenty of National Trifolds I can bring with me on Saturday.

I'm putting more packets together this evening, & will set aside a bunch for the show.

Chris

desertrat144

Great! I'll see what I can come up with, this is one door we definately want to keep open.  The banner arrived yesterday, so we are good there.  For Fri. I'll bring a display '03, and with a bit of luck we will have the same area so we hang a 25M target again.

Tom
Quote from: gglovesguns on October 27, 2010, 05:03:54 PM
Quote from: desertrat144 on October 26, 2010, 02:09:30 PM

Tom

Yes, Balddragn presented him with a free Appleseed pass made by Eaglescouter at the last show. If you want to bring a thank you card or something along those lines, it sure can't hurt!

desertrat144

Hey there- we are 3 days out of registration- I still need a real life name- First & Last for one female & male that will be at the BRS.  Send to desertrat144@hotmail.com please.  This is needed for the passes that go with the table; that way you can get into the Show to look around.

Tom

BaldDragn

I'll see if I can guilt talk someone into Sunday.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

Polygunner and 30 Cal Sleeper will be up in Reno on Sunday. Mike will be on a mission to find that special treasure that must be hiding in a pile of old parts inside but I bet Lisa can be "talked" into sharing the table.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

polygunner

We'll be there on Saturday.
Sunday is when we get to help 30 cal's brother move $$-0
We do have a ton of tri folds we'll bring.
pg

desertrat144

:sos:OK folks, the show is here.  Just to keep it interesting, there seems to have been a bunch of changes that no one knew about.  The show is on, but I will need help & handouts Friday.

Tom

Jules

Quote from: desertrat144 on November 05, 2010, 12:38:12 AM
:sos:OK folks, the show is here.  Just to keep it interesting, there seems to have been a bunch of changes that no one knew about.  The show is on, but I will need help & handouts Friday.

Tom

Tom,

There were trifolds left over from when we were there in the summer. Pollygunner is bringing a new box, but on Saturday. Give a shout out to Nevada for help!

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

c4v3man

I was told to swing by to get a feel for how the table operates, but apparently the later shift for today didn't show and the early shift volunteer left. What do I need to bring Sunday and is there a guide/other information for volunteering? Figured I'd just go off what I read on the site and what I've learned at the appleseed I attended.

I can bring a laptop and provide my own internet access, and I have fresh AQT's and a shot redcoat. Anything else I need? Will brochures be left over from Saturday?

desertrat144

I set up at 7:30 this AM; as usual Mickey was busier than ever.  I had to split at 15:00- starting to crash.  The show was productive, we are next to CA Rifle & Pistol Assoc., their Admin to boot.  They want to hold some sessions with us.

One major change- no more free passes to the show.  The banner is folded over the table, and everything below it, along with various instruction & ideas.  Nothing can be on the floor overnight.

As far as the show goes, wear any AS clothing you have, and bring an open mind- you'll have a ball.

Re: the LT, you won't need internet access, unless you want to surf.  There is power [for my scooter to charge], so be discrete with the cords.  Any extra targets & brochures never hurt.

Tom

Chris_H

It seems the whole weekend was productive. GGlovesguns, polygunner & 30 Cal Sleeper were there Saturday. They handed out a mess of tri-folds, as well as ALL of the materials I gave Ashley last week (targets & a few selected items form our shooter packets.)

c4v3man & I were there all day today, and while it was slower than either other of the other days sounded, we also had a fairly productive day. We saw several previous Appleseed attendees, about a dozen interested folks who took up information & also got leads on contacts for several ranges around the area. A productive weekend indeed!

Chris