News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Phoenix area trip

Started by JustJeff, October 19, 2010, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJeff

Hey all ya Zonies!  I'll be in the PHX area from the 24th thru the 27th (maybe the 29th) to have some tests done at the Mayo Clinic.  There is nothing (that I know of) wrong with me physically....I'm seeing if I'm healthy enough to be a "living donor" for a friend.  I should have a bit of free time available to me while I'm there if anyone cares to get together. Shoot me a PM if you care to.

Also, can someone school me on the laws regarding me transporting my personal firearms into AZ (a rifle and a pistol) and non-resident carry?  I'd like to be able to hit a range if I have a chance during my non-testing times.

Jeff
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

JustJeff

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get to meet up with any AZ Appleseeders this week.  I spent the afternoon today shooting at Usery Pass Rd (can't remember the name of the range), in AJ/Mesa,  with an OathKeeper buddy of mine.  We'll be heading back there in the morning to shoot a little before I have to head back to Alamogordo.  Anyone cares to join us, we'll be there a little after 9.  I'll be the 'longhaired dude' with the tan OathKeepers shirt on.  He'll be the shorter better looking dude.  He's looking for a 'shoot mentor' to help him along with Appleseed and he'll probably end up as an ITT...... grab him while you can.

Jeff
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

AZOpie

Jeff -

Sorry I couldn't make it out to meet up with ya - schedule is a bit full right now with hunting season in full effect. I am in class all weekend, then headed out to the S/E corner of the state to pursue some whitetail for 5 days. Let you friend know that we'll be having a shoot in Buckeye on the 20th/21st, and that I am working to bring AS to his side of the valley as well.

Take care,

John

Quote from: JustJeff on October 30, 2010, 02:24:25 AM
I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get to meet up with any AZ Appleseeders this week.  I spent the afternoon today shooting at Usery Pass Rd (can't remember the name of the range), in AJ/Mesa,  with an OathKeeper buddy of mine.  We'll be heading back there in the morning to shoot a little before I have to head back to Alamogordo.  Anyone cares to join us, we'll be there a little after 9.  I'll be the 'longhaired dude' with the tan OathKeepers shirt on.  He'll be the shorter better looking dude.  He's looking for a 'shoot mentor' to help him along with Appleseed and he'll probably end up as an ITT...... grab him while you can.

Jeff

JustJeff

It's all good John.  I got to shoot yesterday and again today before I left :D
My buddy WILL be at the Buckeye shoot (or at least he says he will....) so you can latch on to him there if he doesn't get his acct set up here.  I showed him some basics and shared some targets with him (dangit, I was out of AQTs) which he copied, so he'll be somewhat prepared when he gets there.  If he tries to shoot his AR, on the Saturday, make him switch to the 10/22 we zeroed.... and which he practiced most with.... and tell him he can shoot his AR on Sunday (he has a conversion kit for it if it's rimfire only).
Jeff
OH, and I think my tests were all good (at least within tolerances), so I'll probably be back out that way in a few months....no shooting then though :( because I'll be recovering from surgery.

AzAce

Well Jeff, I finally made it onto the forum. Thanks for hangin' out with me while you were out here in AZ. I may be better looking, but you are a better shot! (for now)  :cool2:

JustJeff

Quote from: AzAce on November 01, 2010, 04:42:32 AM
Well Jeff, I finally made it onto the forum. Thanks for hangin' out with me while you were out here in AZ. I may be better looking, but you are a better shot! (for now)  :cool2:

It's about danged time...... I've only been pushing you for oh...a few days.
Now that you're here....read, read, read. 

AZbinary

Sorry I missed your "pass-through" of the Tucson metro area, but it sounds like there will be opportunities in the future.

Welcome AZAce!  Hope to see you at Buckeye this month.

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AzAce

Thank ya, thank ya vury much!