News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Augusta, GA Appleseed, October 16 & 17

Started by TAZDevil, October 19, 2010, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

AFTER ACTION REPORT:  Augusta, GA: October 16 & 17, 2010

Temperatures were in the low 80s F, with an intermittent gentle breeze from 6 O'clock.  The Pinetucky Range in Augusta has covered shooting bays that kept us from needing sun screen on the two cloudless days.
We had 20 students on Saturday and 14 on Sunday.  This was opening weekend for deer season; I'm happy with the attendance.

Students were extremely enthusiastic and the majority were repeat Appleseed attendees - perseverance!

Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Red Hats: Bagel and Friedenmeister
IITs:    JAAGunns and TheIRONMANTIS [IIT2s who advanced to IIT3s]
Kestak (IIT0) and MATTWELDER30 (advanced to IIT1)

Saturday: 2 new riflemen: caesarjd and Neal Baldowski.  This was Caessarjd's third appleseed and he asked to become an IIT.
Sunday: 1 new Riflemen: Madison Welder is a high school senior at Greenbriar HS.  She wants to be an instructor.  Since this was her first AS!, she'll have to attned another AS before becoming an IIT.  Guess some of Matt's shooting skill have rubbed off on his daughter, Madison.  MacKinsie, Madison's sister, is in the hunt for a rifleman's patch also.

A great two days in Augusta, GA.

"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams