News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder City, NV Oct 16-17, 2010

Started by DesertDog, October 18, 2010, 09:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Another great Appleseed weekend in Southern Nevada O0

Sat started with a mix of new and previous shooters totaling 13.  We did the standard course of fire and saw numerous improvements among the shooters.  We got in 2 AQT's with John getting a 207 and the final Redcoat saw the following improvements from the morning.

AM         PM     
400    1             3
300    0             2
200    3             2
100    4             5
Head  0             6
Clear  0             1

Sun saw 8 shooters return and after a breif review we went into the AQT grind.  Previous Rifleman Scott shot a 222.  John shot a Rifleman score with his 10-22, then brought out his AR and did it with that.  It was his first Appleseed and wants to take the Orange Hat after his 2nd!!!

The wind came up hard enough to knock down the target line and we had to finish early :(

The highlight for the weekend for me was awarding Trebleshooter her Red Hat.  Anyone who knows this young lady knows that she worked very hard for this.  Now it will be  a race to see which of her 4 IIT family members gets it next!!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

chiller

Sir,

Thank you again for coming east to help us.  Look forward to the next time we meet.

TrebleShooter

It was a great shoot!  Congrats to Jon for shooting that score!
There were a few that were just shy of the 200s, but with persistance and practice they too will join the ranks of the riflemen...
We also presented Wyatt with a junior acheivement patch for sticking out the weekend and shooting well.

I'd like to thank DesertDog for coming out to run our shoots, and mentoring me through this process with which we're not done yet... :D :wb:
The other instructors for helping out and carrying the load together, chiller  :cool2:
Xeyed, for bailing with both arms at the gun shows, even if it means missing a shoot.... O0
I'd also like to thank  my family
RangeRat, SniperCat, Persistent_1, and sharpeyedfirechild for coming out and helping, instructing, and being there for one of my life's most major acheivements.   ^:)^ ;D ;)

~TS

PS...
We have an unclaimed blue tarp and a red and white cooler that were left behind on Sunday, if you know whose they were, please contact myself or RangeRat....

Kris

Hello, I believe my husband left the cooler there.  Is it a beat up old budweiser cooler?  If so, please let me know, thanks!

RangeRat

We have the cooler.  Check your email and PM for details.

RR

RangeRat

Pics....

Johnnyappleseed

Whoo Hoooo Treble Shooter !!!! Congratulations  on achieving your well earned Redhat  O0
DD good shoot Sir ----
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge