News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced Instructor Boot Camp (AIBC), March 26-27, 2011

Started by The Machine, October 18, 2010, 01:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Believer

SOMSOM

An Ordinary American teaching other Ordinary Americans basic riflery skills and American Revolutionary War History in an extraordinary way.

The Machine

Fantastic Believer! I really hope to see you there. Keep the registrations coming in folks; we're up to 4 so far.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

MacMcM

I need to know if anybody is going to stay Friday night. If not, I will drive in Sat morning. Friday nights are good for sittin' around fat chewin' times.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

The Machine

Quote from: MacMcM on February 24, 2011, 03:29:29 PM
I need to know if anybody is going to stay Friday night. If not, I will drive in Sat morning. Friday nights are good for sittin' around fat chewin' times.
I don't plan on staying Fri. night, but if some instructors will be there, I'll make it a point to stop in and chat.

Anyone making reservations should call directly and mention they are attending the RWVA conference, instead of doing things online. The manager has offered a discounted rate for those attending this event.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

Cooper

Conference facility / Microtel Gassaway is taken care of.  O0
It's that important.

Start thinking about where to pay it forward in your region.  :cool2:

"Just bailing in imaginative ways."

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

MacMcM

Quote from: Cooper on February 24, 2011, 04:01:37 PM
It's that important.

Coop
Thanks Coop..
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

siglite

Quote from: Cooper on February 24, 2011, 04:01:37 PM
It's that important.

Coop

Amazing.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

Chrome

I can if you want the company.  I'll likely be camping though, the budget keeps getting tighter.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

Quote from: Chrome on February 24, 2011, 05:52:00 PM

I can if you want the company.  I'll likely be camping though, the budget keeps getting tighter.

Later,
Chrome...
Here's a suggestion to save some $...
They have some "Suites" available which have 2 Queen size beds, a couch in another room, and are spacious. Three men/women can stay comfortably in one of these rooms, or more, if beds are shared.  >:D  These suites have frige, microwave, and some other nice amenities too. All guests receive a decent "continental breakfast" which is way above standard hotel fare...not just a plate of stale rolls and Little Debbie cakes. If 3 go in on one of these suites, it will run around $60 and change for 2 nights, or half that for 1 night.

Chrome

I just booked a room for Saturday only.  Be advised, you save 15% over the RWVA rate by booking online, however there are no cancellations allowed.  Somehow, I don't think that's a problem.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

Quote from: Chrome on March 03, 2011, 02:21:07 PM
I just booked a room for Saturday only.  Be advised, you save 15% over the RWVA rate by booking online, however there are no cancellations allowed.  Somehow, I don't think that's a problem.

Later,
Chrome...
Here's my suggestion...look around online first and make a note of the lowest rate, then call the hotel direct and tell them to match it, or do better. The manager I spoke with seemed very helpful in all respects; I don't see why it would be different with the room rates. I'd say doing it over the phone directly with the hotel staff would better your chances of getting a refund or credit, should you need to cancel.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Machine

Quote from: Fred on March 03, 2011, 11:46:09 PM

I'll be there Friday night as well.

Great! That will give some of us the opportunity to have a meet-and-greet before the "official" meeting Sat. morning. Any idea of an ETA Fred?

Fred

Can't say as yet, but it will likely be about 8 PM, give or take a couple of hours...

The "give or take" will prob depend on how fast US 19 travels, as it cuts off a considerable "corner" for me.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Machine

Quote from: Fred on March 04, 2011, 12:45:05 AM

Can't say as yet, but it will likely be about 8 PM, give or take a couple of hours...

The "give or take" will prob depend on how fast US 19 travels, as it cuts off a considerable "corner" for me.
OK, thanks. It will give everyone a rough idea of when you will get here. Rt. 19 isn't too bad until you get around the larger towns--Beckley, Oak Hill/Fayetteville, Summersville--with some stop lights and heavier traffic. Do watch your speed in Summersville! It is one of the worst speed-traps in the state.  @&)

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on March 04, 2011, 01:02:16 AM
It is one of the worst speed-traps in the state country.  @&)

In 2001, the town issued over 18,000 tickets.  Bear in mind, the population is somewhere under 4,000.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Patent guy

Registered, staying there and arriving Friday, so I'm looking forward to seeing you all.
BTW, my mobile number is 410-978-6160.
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

Cooper

Get thee to an AIBC, Go!!

There's still plenty of room to become one of the most informed, most up-to-date Appleseeders in the Nation!!

With all the recent shifts, and all the (now irrelevant) drama of late, there will never be a better time to sit down with "The Fred" and hear about all the minute details of the cosmic shift occurring in Project Appleseed as it deals with the adjustments necessary to guarantee the success of our efforts in years to come!

Come one, come all!  You will not regret your efforts toward being present at one of the most meaningful and informative events in Appleseed history this year!  Come and be a part of the history that we will be passing on to our own grandchildren in the future...

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Chrome

Mountaineer and I still plan on showing up early on Saturday.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

brickhouse

FYI, SavageShootr brought my attention to the following  [suggested reading prior to attending an AIBC ]

QuoteDoes anyone know if there is anything we should be prepared for? 

Quote[From Fred]

Yes, I'd suggest you carefully read http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18654.0 "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters"

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19907.0, "Remembering the Basics..."

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20317.0, "On being a follower..."

Some of these things are pretty densely written, and it may pay to print out a copy so you can review again just before the IBC. These posts I made embody a small portion of the AIBC - but an important portion.

Thanks in advance to all who have committed to being at this event. It should be an interesting weekend.

And here's a "bonus" which would repay a reading for you folks who have the time and interest:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20157.msg158574#msg158574, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..."
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

MacMcM

Cooper

Anyone, everyone that attended the WV AIBC this weekend, please post your honest and direct observations and feelings.  I would like some sense of my ROI on what I felt would be a crucial event in Project Appleseed history, funded in honor of Spanner's sometimes impenetrable energy and commitment to the ultimate success of the American Experiment...   I am deeply disappointed that I could not be in attendance, but had been previously committed to SBIT duties in the frozen nort'

Patent guy

Quote from: Cooper on March 28, 2011, 12:47:33 AM
Anyone, everyone that attended the WV AIBC this weekend, please post your honest and direct observations and feelings.  I would like some sense of my ROI on what I felt would be a crucial event in Project Appleseed history, funded in honor of Spanner's sometimes impenetrable energy and commitment to the ultimate success of the American Experiment...   I am deeply disappointed that I could not be in attendance, but had been previously committed to SBIT duties in the frozen nort'

I'm sorry we missed you Cooper, but thank you very much for securing the facilities (which seemed to work very well).  Brickhouse & I will post a complete AAR shortly, but I can tell you now that this event was very worthwhile.  Fred has much to share and gave us much food for thought on the practical considerations for planning and running a safe and effective Applseed event, but there was much more.  There was also a very open and candid dialog exploring the Appleseed project's history, recent events and the challenges we face going forward.  Two tidbits I can share now:  There is a new RWVA Shootboss hat (its red) AND guess who got the first one ever, and from Fred?

District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

siglite

--

Keith Morgan

Cooper

HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!

Thank you ALL for attending!!  Sounds like the best investment I ever made!     ^:)^ 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  :bow:

And CONGRATULATIONS to bets, and GOOD CALL Fred!! O0

Coop

BeSwift

Quote from: siglite on March 28, 2011, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on March 28, 2011, 12:19:50 PM
Way to go Betsy!!!!!!

Seconded.  And overdue, IMO. :)

X 3 !!!!    It's good to see hard work pay off....

On a side note, tell MacMcM he's printing...  LOL...   
Sorry I couldn't make it..     BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

MacMcM

You know why I print? 'cause I can.... LOL!!

Yay Betsy (Becky  ;) )

Can't wait to serve on the brickhouse firing line.

Cooper

A week ago I posted a plea for any and all that had attended the WV AIBC to post notice of their attendance, with a suggestion that they let me know if I wasted a great deal of money providing the venue or not...

Only one person has posted here and acknowledged that they attended.  :'(

Surely that is not correct...  If it is, well then, I still believe that it was worth the investment to allow an opportunity to speak with The Real Fred (not the distort-able one seen on the INFERNET).

Hopefully, there are hordes of other attendees that are still in shock from their encounter with The Real Fred and have forgotten how to log onto the forum and post a reply because they are consumed with thoughts about how they can 7th Step and further the Mission...

PLEASE post, or if you are reticent to post here, email me outside of the forum at mom4rmhell@gmail.com

I am not a conduit to, or plant from Fred, I'm just hell-bent on helping Project Appleseed succeed.  Tell me what really happened, what you really think, and how it can be made better!!

Coop

siglite

Quote from: Cooper on April 01, 2011, 10:45:40 PM
A week ago I posted a plea for any and all that had attended the WV AIBC to post notice of their attendance, with a suggestion that they let me know if I wasted a great deal of money providing the venue or not...

Only one person has posted here and acknowledged that they attended.  :'(

Surely that is not correct...  If it is, well then, I still believe that it was worth the investment to allow an opportunity to speak with The Real Fred (not the distort-able one seen on the INFERNET).

Hopefully, there are hordes of other attendees that are still in shock from their encounter with The Real Fred and have forgotten how to log onto the forum and post a reply because they are consumed with thoughts about how they can 7th Step and further the Mission...

PLEASE post, or if you are reticent to post here, email me outside of the forum at mom4rmhell@gmail.com

I am not a conduit to, or plant from Fred, I'm just hell-bent on helping Project Appleseed succeed.  Tell me what really happened, what you really think, and how it can be made better!!

Coop

Day 1.  For anyone that's been to an IBC, it was a lot of review, with some more advanced, mission oriented discussion of what an Appleseed should be.  Actually, it was mostly mission-oriented discussion.

Day 2.  The opening and examination of multiple cans of worms, which I will not re-open on the forums.  As far as I could tell, each worm-can was successfully examined, each worm identified and categorized in exquisite detail, and then each worm was aired and dried.  As far as I can tell, all of the cans are now shiny and clean. 

So, IMHO, Day 2 was where all the value of our particular AIBC was found.  WV had few worm-cans.  But what cans existed were opened and as far as I can tell, taken care of in a manner that was satisfactory to all parties present.

In my opinion, your investment was worthwhile.
--

Keith Morgan