News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Cinton, IL October 16-17, 2010

Started by Wurstmacher, October 17, 2010, 11:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Just got back home from an excellent Appleseed at the Dewitt County Sportsmans Club.  Thank you to our host, Ed Adcock, for your hospitality, and for taking care of making sure we had a hot lunch for all of the Appleseeders.  This is an excellent venue for an Appleseed for up to 20 participants.  The clubhouse was a nice place for lunch and history.  The weather this weekend was gorgeous, but if weather were inclement or if this site was used for a Winterseed, the clubhouse would be most appreciated.

Thank you to all of the shooters.  I really appreciated your teachable attitudes and perseverance.

Thank you to M1D and Shooter 30-06 for coming down to help instruct this weekend.  I know that the Illinois Instructor Corps was spread a little thin this weekend, and I appreciate you stepping up at the last minute.

Congratulations to Shooter 30-06 on earning your Red Hat. 

We had two Rifleman on Saturday.  Congratulations Glenn and Rich, both Saturday only shooters.  However, we saw Rich again on Sunday.  He had gone home and was looking at his qualifing target and noticed that he had 11 shots on stage 3 of the AQT, so instead of a 211, he only had a 208.  He came back on Sunday to return his Rifleman's Patch.  What a guy.   :bow:  He shot a 203 last weekend at Bonfield.  A 205 and a 208 on Saturday this weekend.  You are close, very close.    Persevere.  Persist.

One Rifleman, Ryan on Sunday.  Congratulations.  Give some thought to that Orange Hat.

Thanks to those of  you that took the Target Line down for me after the shoot.  I really appreciated it.

Ed said that he would like to schedule 3 or 4 appleseeds here in 2011.  Hope to see some of you again with a few of your friends.

Feel free to post your experiences here.

Garand69

Sounds like a great weekend Wurstmacher, thanks for taking it O0

Already have grassy's dates penciled into the 2011 schedule O0

So how many Rifleman, 3, or 2 1/2ish  ;)

Thanks for stepping up M1D & Shooter 30-06  O0 O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gumballhead

Sounds like another fine shoot!

Congrats Rich!  You were sooo close @ Bonfield, and then to come back again!  Way to go!

Congrats to Shooter 30-06 on the Red Hat!  Well done!

Sounds like a top notch facility down there. I'll have to make it a point to check it out!

See you all on the trail!

OutaAmmo

Another great Appleseed shoot at Clinton at the Dewitt County Sportsman Club. This is really a great location in central Illinois conveniently located between Springfield, Bloomington, Champaign and Decatur.  Just wish the firing line had places for 40 shooters in stead of 21 or 22.  I was only able to come over each day to eat lunch and hear Shooter 30-06 give one of the best story of the 3 stikes I have heard.  Sorry I didn't make it to see him get his red hat.  Congradulation on your red hat 30-06.

AK

Sorry I missed this shoot.  Congratulations to Shooter 30.06 on his red hat!  Congratulations to all the riflemen.  Here are some pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Garand69

++) How did I miss the Red Hat comment????  ++)

A huge congrats to Shooter 30-06 on the red hat O0 Send a PM to EEL ASAP
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Shooter30-06

This was a very nice shoot in so many ways.  First, a big thanks to Ed and all of the folks at the Dewitt County Sportsman Club for hosting the shoot.  All of you just could not be more hospitable and the facility was excellent.  I already want to come back.  The shooters were simply terrific folks to work with.  This reminds me in that regard to the shoot in McLean - maybe there is something in the water or maybe that is a very nice area of the state.  Either way, you were first-rate Appleseed shooters.

I want to make a special comment about Rich.  As Wurstmacher noted above, this classy guy brought his Rifleman's badge back when he discovered a scoring error.  Well my friend, you have just earned something more valuable than the badge and that is called RESPECT.  J.C. Watts is quoted as saying, "Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking."  You should add that to your signature line because I am going to think of you every time I hear the quote.

Thanks for all of the kind congratulations on my new Red Hat.  I have not stopped smiling.  I want to thank all of the shoot bosses that have taught and tutored me at their shoots with special thanks EEL, Gopher Boy, VMT59, and Wurstmacher.  Finally, I want to thank AK for her continual support and encouragement.  It is quite a party Woodrow!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

brassburn

Another fine Appleseed shoot!

Rich, you are really something. Keep coming to the shoots, you'll make it there. Honesty and honor is just so rare these days.

Congrats on the new red hat, hope to meet you soon.

Wurstmacher and M1D, sorry to miss coming to Clinton. I am busy hustling the guys to come out and hopefully will round them out by November! See you by then.

Annie
God bless America...My home sweet home!

grassy

Thank you everyone who got up off the couch for a two day history lesson with a little marksmanship training.  I didn't get a chance to participate but my other daughter did.  she had so much fun i think she may on her way to become the first red hat under 18(dont know if that's legal but its a benchmark for her to strive for). 

way to go shooter 30-06 on the red hat and high five to the gentlemen who earned their riflemans patch.   every one is so impressed with honest Abe (rich) and i am honored to say the i have meet him. i might be bragging a little but i think Clinton shoot  have a good average going (two rifleman and one hat at every event)  i hope we can keep it going 

we are working on at least 3 shoots for next year  MAYBE  a winter shoot but i dont know.  if anyone is looking for pics  i will post all i have on facebook(just easier for me) Dewitt county sportsmans page.

thank you  everyone i had fun

lfmayor

Hi all,

First, let me apologize to 30.06 for my very late congratulations on your red hat!  I totally missed it Sunday when I stopped back by... never see the snake that bites you. Great work sir, and your lunchtime lesson was first class.

Thank you for all the support for my not quite Rifleman score.  I love coming to the events and meeting good people, it's finding folks like you all that give me hope for our nation.  You hope they're out there, you seldom see it in any of the medial outlets and it always brings me back from despair when I realize that there are plenty of good, decent folks still left.  We'll make a difference, and I won't quit if you don't.

I hope to see you folks again next year at an event, Little Brother and I will be practicing, right alongside my wife Sharon, daughters Kassie and Lauren.  Depending on how much she grows, we might even have Gillian (#3) along next year too (and we've still got one ace in the hole after that!). 

Rich.

wausota

Shooter 30-06 Congratulations on the Red Hat!!

That bigger bucket looks good in your hand.  O0