News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC this summer

Started by yellowhousejake, October 15, 2010, 11:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Indiana instructor corps, I am pleased to announce we will be hosting Fred for an Advanced Instructor Boot Camp on June 18/19 2011. This will be classroom only, history, teaching techniques, and new information, as well as recovering the current POI.

This will be for IIT3 and above, all the way above. Instructors, Shot Bosses, State Coordinators, Regional Coordinators included. We are extending the invitation to all surrounding areas of course, especially Kentucky. I chose June to give everyone plenty of time to make their schedules up as this is a must do class. "Must do" as in you do not want to miss it if at all possible. O0

The location is yet undetermined though I have several places I know we can get camping and a classroom, I am open to suggestions for someplace centrally located with nice facilities. I understand Gander Mountain allows use of their conference room at no charge. We need to choose a firm location by February to avoid any reservation issues. We do not need a range, so it would be silly to use up a range date to only gain a classroom.

One last thing. Kentucky is a growing and struggling state with just a few instructors pulling a heavy load. Let's show some Hoosier can do and help them out. Watch the schedule, and listen for calls from Mudcat for help. If a few of us that can give the extra weekends help them out in June, they can get all their instructors up here for the Boot Camp.

This should be a good weekend, if you are not an IIT3 now, well, you know what you need to do and when you need to do it by...

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Jimbo

This sounds great.  I'm a member of a club that meets once a month at Gander Mountain in Evansville.  It is a good place to meet, but even if it's reserved we have been bumped for internal Gander Mountain things.  We then have to meet at a nearby bar, which isn't all bad, but it's hard to get things accomplished.  Other areas might be different but, if there is another option it might be better for appleseed purposes.  Just my $.02

Jimbo

yellowhousejake

Very good to know, thank you for speaking up!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

If all other plans in central Indiana fall through, Rimshot and I would be happy to host the Advanced IBC at our place.  Rensselaer isn't central, but anyone would be welcome to camp in the yard, take a shower, and we'd provide home-cooked meals.  I could likely get a classroom or even a small lecture hall reserved for the instruction, and if we run out of space for camping in our yard, we could probably talk Stubborn Yankee into letting us use his yard just a few blocks away, too.

Again, not the best location for access from the entire state, but an option nonetheless if nothing else works.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot