News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Certified Instructor Course, 7-9 January, 2011

Started by nyrasgt, October 14, 2010, 06:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

NY and Northeast AS Crew,
   Just received word that an NRA Certified Instructor course is being scheduled for 7-9 January, 2011, in the Glens Falls-Queensbury-Lake George area of upstate NY.   Believe the specific discipline will be pistol, but once an individual is NRA-Certified in one area, additional areas can be acquired via home-study (and paying the NRA more money).
  Taking the class and becoming NRA Certified would also qualify an instructor to participate in the Smith and Wesson and Ruger Instructor Purchase programs, at approximately 1/3 off MSRP for their firearms (long or short).
I have been working on/with Ruger to get them to recognize AS Instructors, but it's...a process.  Why wait for the 30+% discount you so richly deserve?
   Specifics of time, cost, location (there will be some range time involved in the course) as they become available.
Sample instructor prices:  10-22s @ appx $200 ea., S&W 15-22s @ $360 ea...and then there are all them pistols and shotguns they make...
Excelsior,
madMark

PS  Am considering trying to schedule a FIVE DAY NRA Law Enforcement Instructor course, possibly for the Spring school break week...Hudson Falls F&G hosted such a class in 2006.  Cost for the 5 days is $525 to the NRA + HF range fee.  See the NRA Law Enforcement web site if interested; also involves SUBSTANTIAL amount of ammunition over the 5 days (as in 1K pistol ammo + 200+ shotgun ammo...class shoots a lot, including night firing!)
Just a possibility so far...but...rsvp if interested.
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Spartan

Hey Mark,
I already have my NRA Rilfe and RSO; Id love to take the law enforcemnt one that you are putting together but, Im not working for a law enforcemnt agency so I guess I cant according to the website.  That's a bummer.
"With your shield or on it"

NeilR

Quote from: nyrasgt on October 14, 2010, 06:14:54 PM
I have been working on/with Ruger to get them to recognize AS Instructors, but it's...a process.  Why wait for the 30+% discount you so richly deserve?
What you did with Ruger seems to have worked, because I have a Ruger Instructor Purchase Program form dated 7/1/2010 that says, "To assist certified NRA, Hunter Safety, Appleseed, 4-H, Scouting and state instructors in their efforts to provide quality firearms safety training, Sturm, Ruger offers the following products for purchase at a special discount."
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

2 clicks low

Where can I find the form for Ruger Instructor Purchase Program. I've been an NRA RSO/Instructor and Illinois Hunter Saftey Instructor for a while and nobody tells me anything.

thanks

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

nyrasgt

Whoa!  News to me (why am I not surprised to be last to find out...).  AS Instructors ought to be able to email Ruger and request the form to be sent as attachment (how I got mine...).  Be advised (from long and profitable experience) that Ruger, unlike Smith (which will only sell instructors exactly what's listed on their purchase form) will sell pretty much anything they make, for the asking...purchasers will need a signed FFL form, to whom the purchase(es) can be sent...
  Very glad my fellow instructors can now purchase tolls @ appx. 1/3 off list...now THAT'S a perq!
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846