News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC - July 30-31, 2011 (Confirmed)

Started by AZOpie, October 14, 2010, 01:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOpie

It's booked - there will be an Advanced IBC with Fred July 30-31, 2011 at the Joss Foss Shooting Complex in Buckeye, AZ.. The air conditioned classroom is booked, Fred has committed, now we just need at least 6 intructors to sign up - I'll be there, so just 5 more to meet the minimum requirement.

Freds requirements:
Participants must be IIT3 or above - that includes everyone from IIT3 through MI.
There should be at least 6 participants.
There is no charge to attend.

What is the AIBC?
At the AIBC, Fred will cover all the issues, instructor-wise, history-telling-wise, and admin-wise which have arisen in the past year or so in the program. They are designed to bring active program instructors "up to snuff" and ensure they are on the cutting-edge of the program, in terms of training. There will be little or no duplication with the regular IBCs hosted around the country, in terms of the material covered - although some similar subject areas will be covered, except at a post-grad level.

This is a great opportunity to push your skills up to the next level and gain some insight into what is happening in the program and where it's going in the future. This event is open to all instructors no matter where they are from, as long as they are IIT 3 or above.

John

AZOpie

OK - it's all set, all we need are participants. Until such time as the event becomes available in Eventbrite to sign up, please go ahead and post here if you intend to come out to the event.

John

azmule

If I'm not IIT3 by all the way out to next July, I probably shouldn't be in the program at all.

I'm in.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

lysander6

Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

PHenry

Fred gave the history at my first Appleseeds and that's what lured me in really. Wasn't long before I was seated in a chair opposite Fred in a hotel room in south FL. It was his fifth weekend in a row and he was tired - dead tired. Regardless, he could see my wide-eyed interest and so he began to tell me how an event should run, from the history to the flow of the POI. He talked for hours and I scribble as fast as I could - still have the notes to this day. On the way to the range the next day, I was counting out all of the "icebergs" I could think of and Fred let me rant and rave until I appeared to be finished. Then, he looked at me and asked if I was finished - did I feel better? "Can we get back to Appleseeding now?"

I still see the icebergs now, but I stopped counting them that day, and my life is better for it - so is my country, as I now channel all that energy into Appleseeding.  O0

I have done an IBC with Fred and I have done them with DW and SoM. They're all good for sure - each in their own way. I can say that an IBC with Fred is a rare opp, not to be missed, as he brings different things to the table not found in any other IBC (mine included).

Pay attention and take notes - lots of them.

I'll give u a hint: Be sure to not drive past a DQ without stopping.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Applesauce4360

I intend to be an IIT3 by then.  I intend on attending.

AZbinary

July 2011 is a long way off, but I intend to be there.

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

colycat

you know, by July, anyone interested will probably be RH by then O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AZOpie

Both Xeyed and AZbuddy sent me a PM indicating they will be in attendance. That makes the current class:

AZOpie
azmule
lysander6
Applesauce4360
AZbinary
Xeyed
AZbuddy

AZO

AZOpie

Who would be interested in adding a day onto this to get NRA RSO and possibly CPR/AED cetifications? I will be getting my Chief RSO cert in February, so I could do the RSO cert at cost, and then whatever the cost is to get an instructor out for the CPR/AED class. A lot of the ranges require one or both of these certs to be had by at least one instructor to run the Appleseed out here (Buckeye requires both)...

AZO

AZbinary

I'd add a day for the RSO cert. . . As far as CPR/AED, I'm a certified Red Cross instructor already.  I'll check with my local office to see what it would take to certify the AZ instructors who are interested.  
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

azmule

RSO sounds like a good idea - CPR cert (I'll have to check to see if mine's expired - it's been a couple of years since the last one) is actually pretty easy to schedule and get on our own, at least in Tucson anyway, so possibly a lower priority if it starts to get to be too much to squeeze into a weekend.  I'm up for whatever is available either way.

AZbinary

"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

azmule

Xeyed

Put a check in the done box next to my name.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

azmule

Anyone who hasn't already done so be sure and check out the NY AIBC IAAR (ASAP PDQ?) at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19092.0.  I'm actually kinda bummed that we have to wait all the way until July to get to do this.