News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nearly Newly Minted Full SB and 2x New Red Hats in One Weekend in AZ

Started by lysander6, November 22, 2010, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lysander6

AZ just doubled their instructional cadre for the state in one weekend at Buckeye on 20-21 NOV 2010.

Congratulations to AZOpie, SBIT #2 complete and one more until full SB rights & duties (so close!) and both MTProgrammer and Trekker for earning their Red Hats...

Well met!
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

sparks1

Ooooh I see AZ going places with AS now.

Congrats...well done.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AZbinary

The two new redhats are a great addition to our state cadre, Im honored to share the line with them.

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

voortrekker

AZOpie, MTProgrammer and Trekker,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

THANK YOU AZOpie

THANK YOU MTProgrammer

THANK YOU Trekker

..........Thank you for your time and efforts in this Cause we all share.

In addition, THANK YOU Lysander for hanging in there with your leadership........it has shined.   O0    Good job.

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

AzAce

CONGRATS guys!!

A big THANK YOU to everyone that worked on the Buckeye Shoot!

It was my first AS shoot and I really enjoyed it. I am very disappointed that I couldn't make it back out there on the second day. I learned a lot, met some great people and had fun. I look forward attending more shoots.

NEWGUY556

RWVA, Rifleman
Dangerous Middle Aged Man
Gun up...Send it....... HIT!

Reddot

MOGromit

AZOpie

It was a great weekend! Nice to meet both of AZ's new red hats -congrats guys!  ^:)^

Almost every instructor in AZ was on the line in Buckeye this weekend - how awesome is that?    :bow:

AZO

AZOpie

There was a misunderstanding of the rules related to making Shoot Bosses.

It should be noted that I did NOT attain SB this last weekend. I bring this up only to set expections and avoid disappointment for future SBITs. The rules clearly state that the SBIT must shadow a qualified SB-D, SI, or MI for 2 shoots, and participate in a admin meeting as part of those two shoots, then be shadowed by same to ensure the person is ready to take on the task.

I will persist, after all, I did it once therefore I can do it again, only better. Then I get that extra digit in my paycheck!

Seriously - we do this not for ourselves, but for the impact we have on our fellow Americans - that is our reward.

AZO

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

lysander6

QuoteIt should be noted that I did NOT attain SB this last weekend. I bring this up only to set expections and avoid disappointment for future SBITs. The rules clearly state that the SBIT must shadow a qualified SB-D, SI, or MI for 2 shoots, and participate in a admin meeting as part of those two shoots, then be shadowed by same to ensure the person is ready to take on the task.

AZO is right, I penned the notion that he was a full SB but did not fully understand the third step necessary after SBIT#1 & 2.  My headspace and timing issue, not his.  I am so excited to have a thoroughly professional SB in the making joining the cadre of AZ AS folks.  He will be a tremendous asset giving us much more depth and flexibility to execute the mission in the state.

colycat

I took a few weeks longer than expected, but I am proud to announce that AZOpie is your newest ShootBoss.  He is also a designated SB, which means that all you new red hats can also do shoot boss in training with him.

Beware, though,  he is really organized, knows the drill and will be a tough guy to emulate O0 O0

Congratulations John.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

lysander6

Excellent job, John!  Welcome aboard, the central AZ contingent is in great hands. MTProgrammer begins his SBIT#1 this weekend and we will produce a new Red Hat if everything goes according to plan.  Southern AZ will then have 1x SB and 3x RH cadre.

AZOpie

Thanks everyone.

Yes, the Appleseed staff is growing all across the state. We added another IIT in the Phoenix area - MaineYankee this weekend, and an IIT was advanced as well. Any insterested in working on that next level are certainly welcome at any shoot we have here in AZ - there are plenty on the schedule and more to come. I would also encourage a bit of travel if desired to visit our neighboring states to get a different perspective on how to run things, or sign up for a shoot where others will be coming in from out of state to lend a hand.

AZO

Quote from: lysander6 on December 15, 2010, 12:50:14 PM
Excellent job, John!  Welcome aboard, the central AZ contingent is in great hands. MTProgrammer begins his SBIT#1 this weekend and we will produce a new Red Hat if everything goes according to plan.  Southern AZ will then have 1x SB and 3x RH cadre.

oladcock

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

AZbinary

Excellent work John!

You've had quite a year, I'm sure 2011 will be equally impressive.

:bow:

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011