News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

This will affect CMP??

Started by SebalLudington, October 13, 2010, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

I don't think the sale of Korean M1 Garands or M1 Carbines has anything to do with the CMP.  The firearms that the CMP sells are US government property.  The rifles that the Koreans want to sell are  (uncontested by our government) property of Korea.  So, none of these rifles would have never gone to the CMP.  According to reports I've read, Korea does indeed have rifles that belong to the US, but they are in such poor shape, they aren't worth the cost of shipping them back here.

I see these rifles more like the Mosin Nagant rifles that come out of storage facilities in Europe, its just that the popularity of the ones sold by the CMP make them worth more.

Garand69

Quote from: JonL on October 13, 2010, 04:21:25 PM
I don't think the sale of Korean M1 Garands or M1 Carbines has anything to do with the CMP.  The firearms that the CMP sells are US government property.  The rifles that the Koreans want to sell are  (uncontested by our government) property of Korea.  So, none of these rifles would have never gone to the CMP.  According to reports I've read, Korea does indeed have rifles that belong to the US, but they are in such poor shape, they aren't worth the cost of shipping them back here.

I see these rifles more like the Mosin Nagant rifles that come out of storage facilities in Europe, its just that the popularity of the ones sold by the CMP make them worth more.

Actually, these rifles were headed for the CMP.

Let's hope that a sweeping change of congress fixes things before they are either scrapped, or are demiled and return as "Kits"
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

hawkeye

The cmp sight has been buzzing with info for a while about these rifles. If nothing else we will have lots of cheap parts for awhile longer. I believe the Koreans have sold all their 30.06 ammo.
http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=NewsReleases&ContentRecord_id=1a261ab9-9884-42e1-bb95-b2cfa31c078f
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student