News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How come no shoots?

Started by Alchemist, October 13, 2010, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alchemist

I have a freind in Utah that I'm trying to cajole into attending an Appleseed.  I just headed over to the schedule to find him one and I
was shocked!

No shoots?  How can this be?  I'm originally from Colorado and I know things have gone downhill as it relates to gun issues there in the past 20 years or so - but our good neighbors in Utah?

Are there no rifle owners there?  Is everyone there already a Rifleman?

Huh?

Devnull

There is a simple solution my friend. If he can find us a range and get a date, we will come.

Have range, someone here will travel!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Alchemist on October 13, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
I have a freind in Utah that I'm trying to cajole into attending an Appleseed.  I just headed over to the schedule to find him one and I
was shocked!

No shoots?  How can this be?  I'm originally from Colorado and I know things have gone downhill as it relates to gun issues there in the past 20 years or so - but our good neighbors in Utah?

Are there no rifle owners there?  Is everyone there already a Rifleman?

Huh?

I just shoot bossed on in Cedar City UT (flew in from KC too!) on Sept 25/26 and had at least two gentleman from SLC that were going to heed the call and get AS going up there.

From what I can tell, plenty need to have them, lots of space to do so as well. 

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to grab a bucket and help start bailing the great state of Utah out! O0

mscottrogers

I just joined myself and noticed I'll have to wait for spring for something close. Wish I found this sight last spring. Found out about it in shotgun news but they never listed anything for Utah. My fault for not doing my research

V

We have been spending a lot of time and energy trying to get Utah up on its own feet. Its based around two ranges, Kaysville and Cedar City, so far.

All the guys over on the Utah board will love to have your help. Local advice leads to the last shoot being in September and opening up again in time for April 19th. 

Cheers
Phil

al smith

Hello Utah shooters and Instructors,

Gunnison, Co has a shoot coming up  and we would love to have you visit.  Shooters can check out the program.  Instructors can advance.  Together we can work on western Colorado and Eastern Utah.

Check the schedule and sign up.

Instructors PM me

Thank you,

al smith
al smith

rifleman2000

Hang tight....  We're just all out here in Utah trying to save our nation one election at a time. I'm one of the instructors and have also been running for a state senate seat. That's all over tonight one way or the other. Several of us instructors have wanted to have at least one other mini-appleseed this fall. I'll post as soon as I can get anything going.

Rifleman2000

Cyclops WY

Rifleman did you win?  And are you the same person that was interviewed on the GunDudes Podcast?

Cyclops_WY
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

rifleman2000

No, I didn't win. And I wasn't interviewed, not there anyway. But we do have 4 shoots set up in Utah now.

Rifleman2000

Bo Smith

Getting folks to shoot on Sunday in Utah is very difficult. No one wants to host a Friday-Saturday (or Saturday only) shoot. In Utah, Sundays are for church, not Appleseed.

Johnnyappleseed

Bo -- let us know what schedule works best for your area.
We can do Fri-Sat or Sat and allow for church on Sun too.

Appleseed respects worship and will  work with you on days and time that reflect community commitments .
Thank you for your interest ,hopefully we will meet along the AS trail some day. ;D
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

ColoradoBoots

Maybe you could do consecutive Saturday Shoots.

ColoradoBoots

A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.
Mae West

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: ColoradoBoots on March 02, 2011, 09:38:18 PM
Maybe you could do consecutive Saturday Shoots.

CB --that would be lots fun for out of state Instructors O0
I would love all that extra time in Utah  ;)
Thanx for the suggestion.
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

V

Why don't you look at the schedule, we have four Kaysville Fri/Sat shoots, and yes I've booked my holiday time so I can SB them.

Mar 25/26 Kaysville UT
Jun 10/11 Kaysville UT
August 5/6 Kaysville UT
Oct 21/22 Kaysville UT

:)

Quote from: Bo Smith on February 06, 2011, 02:00:48 PM
Getting folks to shoot on Sunday in Utah is very difficult. No one wants to host a Friday-Saturday (or Saturday only) shoot. In Utah, Sundays are for church, not Appleseed.
Well, the above are an "existence proof" that while Noone is a waste of time American Doofus there is Someone who will SB your shoots until you have your own cadre of instructors. Anyone can do that, heck Everyone should step up and do it. Its a funny old family those One brothers.  ;)

Cheers
Phil

Leonidas

I plan on being at the June shoot, hopefully make a family trip of it and hit the temples
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

Bo Smith

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on March 02, 2011, 05:33:02 PM
Appleseed respects worship and will  work with you on days and time that reflect community commitments .
Thank you for your interest ,hopefully we will meet along the AS trail some day. ;D
JA

I've got my patch.

V

Quote from: Bo Smith on March 14, 2011, 12:49:48 AM
Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on March 02, 2011, 05:33:02 PM
JA

I've got my patch.

Great, then see you at the Mar 25/26 shoot at Kaysville, where you can don the Orange Hat and we'll put you to work instructing the line, clearing rifles and having a blast.

Just phone or PM me or Dave (rifleman2000) to let us know you are coming.

Cheers
Phil

Bo Smith

Two-of-Three

First shoot of 2011 for Kaysville is a wrap: one rifleman on Friday (in the driving snow and freezing temps!), three on Saturday!

Congrats to Alex, Brandon, Jesse, and Jay!
... one bullet at a time.

TuckerUT

Quote from: Two-of-Three on March 27, 2011, 01:44:35 AM
First shoot of 2011 for Kaysville is a wrap: one rifleman on Friday (in the driving snow and freezing temps!), three on Saturday!

This was a great shoot, my son and I had a really fun time.  We are already looking forward to the next one in June. 

Jay
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

V

After Action report is over here

Two-of-Three

Quote from: TuckerUT on March 27, 2011, 12:33:37 PM
Quote from: Two-of-Three on March 27, 2011, 01:44:35 AM

This was a great shoot, my son and I had a really fun time.  We are already looking forward to the next one in June. 

Jay

I think your email about the March shoot was read on the Gun Dudes Podcast this week.  Way to plug Appleseed!  O0
... one bullet at a time.

TuckerUT

Yeah it was I was pretty psyched love that podcast those guys crack me up. 
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke