News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Miamisburg, OH Oct 9th-10th, 2010

Started by posterboy, October 12, 2010, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

A fall weekend with outstanding weather ...what could be better ? combining that with learning about marksmanship and Heritage at an Appleseed   :---

Seriously it was an outrageously beautiful weekend with severe clear and temps in the 80's. Daniel, Abbe, Brent, Sam, A.O., Evan, Dave and Lori got  themselves off the proverbial couch and came out to learn and improve ! Improve they did. In fact Sam and Brent were 1st timers to the way of the rifle and you know the saying "shoot like a girl if you can"? well Sam should be the postergirl for that saying ! By the end of the day Saturday she shot a 186 on the AQT ..1st time shooting...wow this appleseed stuff works ! Brent aka "chicago" also did really well shooting solidly in the 160's. Unfortunately they couldn't return on Sunday   :( but they assured me that they indeed would gt themselves to another appleseed in the near future ! Saturday ended with Dave shooting Rifleman ! Huzzah ! Now dubbed "OldNShakey" !

Sunday...another amazing day at Miamisburg ! we shot and shot and shot..heard about dangerous old men.then shot some more. Daniel won our NPOA Star challenge during the carnival portion of the day! Huzzah . So many were very close to breaking 210 it was heartbreaking but I have zero doubt that the next appleseed they attend a patch is in their future.

Although I love seeing large groups filling the line at appleseeds sometimes it is wonderful to just have a small but dedicated group of individuals ! This group was a great one and I thank all of you for taking the time to better your marksmanship and citizenship Huzzah to all of you ! It was a pleasure to get to know all of you.

Thanks of course goes out to Slim ! ( awesome to see you again) Andre and One shot for helping run a great appleseed and to Miamisburg for hosting it !

see you on the trail

posterboy

dademoss

It was a GREAT weekend, filled with fun, learning, camaraderie and history. 

This was the second Appleseed Lori and Have been to, and again we learned a lot and had a great time!  We were once again very impressed by the professionalism and patience displayed by all the instructors.  Lori got to learn the pain and the joy of the prone position and transitions. I finally got the transition to and firing from the seated position to an acceptable level and scored 216 on one of the last AQT's of the day on Saturday.

Photo's of the fun can all be found here:

http://dademoss.smugmug.com/Other/Appleseed-Miamisburg-101010/14131531_zhVYN

My Rifleman Presentation:

Sunrise over Miamisburg

Flyover by the Goodyear blimp:

Firing AQTs

Our most patient and skilled teachers:

Winner of the Fun shoot:

More AQTs:
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton

PerfectWorld

What a great weekend!

A big thanks to our group of instructors posterboy, slim, andre, and oneshot. Your passion for the history (and the shooting) is contagious.

Congrats to old'n'shakey on earning his patch and it was great to meet everyone else out on the line.

I am already looking forward to my next appleseed.

GoldFish

Slim!!!  It's good to see you in the AAR pictures again! ;) 8)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

slim

It was great to be back. Looking forward to doing it again soon. Thanks for the pics, Dave.

...and just for good measure.... how about a little HUZZAH!!!!