News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Roswell New Mexico Oct 9-10 2010

Started by duc-dog, October 11, 2010, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

Fall in New Mexico can produce the perfect weather for an Appleseed.  Mother Nature did not disappoint. We had daily temps in the mid to upper 80's, little wind, and blue skies.  Almost "jacket weather" for us after the hot summer we've had.  For Saturday, we had three repeat attendees of previous Appleseeds that had to hear more of our founding history and perfect their individual marksmanship skills.  Sunday afternoon we had two youngsters along with their mother stop by and check out the program.  We got them on the end of the line for a couple of hours and a promise to return for more instruction. Our three dedicated shooters made a lot of progress, one made "Rifleman" with the other two having high scores just under the magic 210.  They will persever.
       Our new rifleman also formally stepped up to the responsibility of passing on our heritage by accepting an orange hat and 7th stepping with the Appleseed Program.  And I would also like to thank JJ for what he does to promote Appleseed and 7th step outside of the program.  Just goes to prove that there are many buckets and many places to bail; we don't all have to be wearing a red hat to change the country.
       And as always I want to thank the instructor corps; They make a newer SB's life easier with the dedication and adaptability they consistently exhibit
       Until next time,
           Milt           
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

JustJeff

I had a great time!!! Two of us kept "knocking on the door," but just couldn't get it to open :(
Congrats to Archie on the "Rifleman" score, and thank you for taking the 'orange-hat' to pass the help along.
Looking forward to the next one already!!!!
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Jimi

As always another great AS. ^:)^ Jeff, have you started your "tutelage" with Sam yet? &) Thanks to Archie for pushing on and not giving up. And Archie, "We" will help you with the history and public speaking part of it. Just follow OL and Strawberry roans advice. &)
Look forward to seeing everyone at Carlsbad and again in ROW.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

JustJeff

Quote from: Jimi on October 13, 2010, 10:43:27 PM
As always another great AS. ^:)^ Jeff, have you started your "tutelage" with Sam yet?
Jimi

Nope..... But, I took MY 795 out yesterday and did crappy.  I took Nancy's out today and was hitting less than 2 moa.  I'm going to swap Nancy's scope to my rifle and see if it's a scope issue (I HOPE it's only a scope issue).  :--- 
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

oladcock

Good job Milt and thanks for your leadership! Congrats Archie and you door knockers hang in there!  ~~:)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Devnull

Fantastic job!

Congrats to the new Rifleman and orange hat! Welcome to the other side of the program! You've but started your journey as that Rifleman's patch is mighty heavy. Now it's time to start 7th stepping and let others know of what you have learned, the heritage as well as the dedication it takes to become a rifleman.  O0

Justjeff and the others knocking on the door, we have a shoot this weekend in the Albuquerque area if you want to come and open that door. It sounds like your mighty close and just need a good swift kick to get you over the 210 mark. It's amazing how it takes a few days for all of the instruction to stew together in your mind after an appleseed. Remember to be dry firing by the numbers 30 minutes a day and you'll get that patch for sure!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Strawberry Roan

I was sure happy to see Archie get his Rifleman's patch, persistence DOES pay off!  I know that the extra work I had to do to achieve mine, made the victory that much sweeter!  The best part of AS is working together to help each individual reach for new heights in their capabilities, especially ones they never knew they had! Seeing Margie teach our newcomers on Sunday was my highlight, that pair of young 'uns got a whole lot of information in a very short period of time.  I hope the kids come to a full AS and get more of the history part of the equation.  As alway, Milt did a great job and Sam provided us with much inspiration and some good laughs. O0  Just goes to show you, even the smallest shoots have the spirit of America's founders.  Stepping up and getting 'er done.