News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IIT's MUST READ

Started by smwwoody, October 11, 2010, 09:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Hi All,

some of you are at a lower level than you should be!  You didn't follow instructions.  If you went through an IBC that I was the Shoot boss at you were to send me a PM when you signed up for your first Appleseed after the IBC if the shoot boss for the Appleseed was any one other than ME.

If you would have done that I would have sent an evaluation to the shoot boss for your first appleseed after the IBC.  I would have made a recommendation to the shoot boss as to what level to start you out at IIT1 to IIT3.  Then at the next appleseed after that you can start the PC process.  Remember that you should PM the shoot boss if you plan to do a PC in advance of the event.

Here is a good quote from JB

IIT level assignments will be done AFTER the Appleseed because the Appleseed event following your IBC is an integral part of the IBC. They cannot be separated and your Instructor Evaluation Form is based upon BOTH your performance in the "classroom" and at the Appleseed.

No PCs are done at an IBC because it is not an "upgrade event", and besides, since you have not been assigned a level, how could you possibly know which PC to study for and complete?

Summary:

*The IBC consists of a 2 or 3 day "classroom" followed by a 2 day Appleseed event. BOTH must be completed.

*The IBC is for training up to the level of IIT3, not upgrade for IIT4 or Instructor.
   (The highest level at which you may exit an IBC is IIT3)

*If you attend an IBC as an IIT, IIT1, or IIT2 you can be assigned a level as high as IIT3 after the event (Without completing a PC)

*If you attend an IBC as an IIT3, IIT4 or Red Hat, then TRAIN! Sharpen your skills! Use the IBC to gain valuable knowledge and insights for your tool kit and learn new tips and techniques.
Then, if you seek to upgrade, do it as if there had not been an IBC: Present the completed PC to the Appleseed Shoot Boss and do the required demonstrations of ability, following the limitations established; one PC per event.

If you have not worked an appleseed since your IBC please remember to follow these directions.  If I am the Shoot Boss at your first appleseed after the IBC and I was the Shoot Boss at the IBC just remind me at the Appleseed that you have not been promoted yet from the IBC.

If you have any questions please ask away

Thanks

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

Fred

This information is actually for all IITs, not just the ones from VA.

So, if you're an IIT from another state, and reading this, you're at the right place!

Only, once out of your IBC, wherever in the country it is/was, don't PM smwwoody - follow the instructions of your IBC shoot boss... ;)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...