News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed in Kentucky

Started by Mudcat, October 09, 2010, 10:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We have 3 shoots on the schedule now for Winterseed.

The first is Nov. 5-6 a Friday and Saturday shoot at Blackberry farm near Mt.Vernon. This is private property and a great place for a shoot. The host family is great and really excited about hosting an Appleseed shoot. There will be a catered lunch both days. It is a 25m only event but centerfire is welcome.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16504.0

The next shoot will be Dec 4-5 at the Hughes Firearms property. Another great guy that attended a shoot last month at Knob Creek and decided he would like to help spread the Appleseeds around his area in Cynthiana, KY. Centerfire and .22 are welcome. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17195.0

The very next weekend we have a shoot at North Eastern Kentucky Fish and Game complex   www.nekfg.com . Just a few miles from lots of hotels right off of the Interstate and they have free primitive camping available on site too. This will be our first shoot at this venue it is however a .22 rim fire event only.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17498.0;topicseen

Now with Winterseeds you will need to dress appropriately remember our events are rain or shine but an impending winter storm may cause a change in schedule.
There is also a special Winterseed patch for those that come out to brave the elements for the weekend. If you have already shot a Rifleman score come on out and try it in little more trying conditions. Try your equipment out to see how it will function in the adverse conditions, you may be surprised.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Broomhead

Hey Mudcat, I am thinking of IITing at one of these shoots in addition to Manchester's Winterseed. Which one would be the closest to the Nashville, TN area?
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!
Life and Liberty, I will defend them until my final days!

Mudcat

Quote from: Broomhead on October 09, 2010, 07:27:39 PM
Hey Mudcat, I am thinking of IITing at one of these shoots in addition to Manchester's Winterseed. Which one would be the closest to the Nashville, TN area?

Probably the shoot in Cynthiana, KY would be closest, but still a pretty good haul. We would be glad to have you however.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Actually, if you are talking about Manchester, TN, that would be Mt. Vernon.  It's about 4 hrs according to google.  It brings you up secondary roads.  You might would take 40 and shortcut over to I-75 for a smoother trip.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

kentuckyjam

Forgot to remind you, though, Mt. Vernon is a Friday and Saturday if that matters in your scheduling.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Broomhead

I will check my schedule and see what I can work up. I will let y'all know what I can come up with. Thanks for the replies.
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!
Life and Liberty, I will defend them until my final days!

savagerabbit

The Ashland shoot is less than 2 days away!! My family and I will be there!
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

JonL

My family and I are looking forward to it as well.  :)

MacMcM

Jon and Crystal,

Looks like a good turn out! I hope the rain stays away until after 5P on Sunday! I can handle snow better than rain... This one will be different than the one in August Jon!!!

See you guys in a couple of days... Silver Jeep on the Appleseed Trail rides again!

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

JonL

Yeah, out of the frying pan in August, to....the freezer in December  ;D

savagerabbit

I went into this knowing that the weather might turn sour on us. I absolutely deplore cold rain but that's the last I'll say about it.  :-X
Reverence for liberty doesn't wait for nice weather ,, right?
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

savagerabbit

Well, I'm willing to not gripe about the weather but this might cause some issues !!!
http://www.wsaz.com/mobi?storyid=111700869

BOYD COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Boyd County 911 dispatchers are advising motorists to avoid westbound I-64 in the Cannonsburg area. If you must travel the interstate, dispatchers say you must exit at Exit 185 and proceed to Old U.S. 60 West to get back to the westbound interstate lanes.

Boyd County EMS officials tell WSAZ.com that the truck was the only vehicle involved in the incident, which occurred about 2 miles west of the Cannonsburg exit. The fire appeared to have started in the cab of the truck, and the driver pulled off the interstate.

The driver sustained minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

The tractor-trailer had been hauling paper products, and the fire spread to a nearby hillside. Firefighters quickly put out that fire.

MacMcM

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

hawkhavn

Drove by that site about an hour ago.
Very glad to hear no one was seriously injured, as I would have bet otherwise...

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

savagerabbit

Well today was nice for a December day!! Couldn't ask for much better really. Now tomorrow,, well,, we'll just have to see huh? 
Thanks to everyone for such a great day!!  If it takes me 100 appleseeds so be it, I don't consider any day spent learning a wasted day!