News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi Oct 9 and 10 2010 Happy Anniversary

Started by dragonfly, October 09, 2010, 08:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Appleseed and the Winnequah gun club started its relationship back in Oct. 2008 and we have never looked back since.

So lets get this started  :~ .

See you all there  O0 .

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Yes, Happy Anniversary, in more ways than one. ;)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Cooper

I can't even imagine this much 2nd Amendment activity so close to the People's Republik of Madison!!   ^:)^
Hooah!!
I just might have to do a border raid!!!   ;D
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

dragonfly

35 great Americans on the line, and a good time had by all.

More to come  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

ahhshoot

Well, I wish my Anniversary didn't conflict with OUR Anniversary D-fly. ;)
Looks like fun.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

EricTheRed

Loads of fun, perfect weather. Need to bring more ammo next time

Had a blast

Old Glory!

EricTheRed, You brought plenty of the right stuff; enthusiasm and TWO friends!  O0

YOU - ME and HIM     ;D  

Morning fog at the Merrimac Ferry: short cut to the range

The ladies of Westfield

Winners of the team shoot

Parker's Revenge Run

Checking out the NPOA drill targets

Ball and dummy drill

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

kab

Hey all,

Thanks for a great weekend!!  You all were great for us newbies.  I really appreciate the time taken for the kids, they came home on day one tired and inspired.  They felt important and encouraged.  Thanks Colycat and Old Glory for the patience and the many calls to get what we needed and to get us there ( only two years, persistence).  We will bring more next time.  Thanks to Martin and  D-fly for the use of the guns, mags and slings.
We learned much and enjoyed all of your help and enthusiasm.   You all are great, we can see why this is growing and will continue to.  We will spread the word and help where we can. 
~ you never know how what word, deed or action done today will impact tommorrow,  Keep planting the (apple)seeds!

blau10

colycat

KAB,

Thank you for bringing some of the  youngings.  I was not surprised that Clair was the one to return with you today.  She has always been my favorite, every since she kept breaking the drawer slides (by hanging on them) on the cabinets we built for you.  She is a spitfire O0

Thanks again for coming to an Appleseed.  
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Infidel

Had a good time, awesome weather!. Didn't make rifleman yet, O well there is always next time. I want to thank the Appleseed volunters.

Mequon

Thanks to everyone for the time and patience this weekend.  A special hat tip to Lady Vetch for helping my son Luke get through his rifle merit badge.  You guys were outstanding.  I originally planned on only bringing my sons on Saturday, but half way through, both wanted to return on Sunday.  Thanks for making room for us.

Anyone can put together a class on shooting rifles, but you guys put together a class on marksmanship AND an important history lesson that left an impression on both of my sons as well as on me.  I will be back and I hope to turn my 180's and 190's into rifleman worthy scores.

I found the book on Paul Revere's ride in the book store and am looking forward to reading it as soon as I can get my hot little hands on it and sharing it with anyone that will stand still long enough.

Thanks again for reminding us all of the sacrifices of those that came before us and the responsibilities that we have to make sure their sacrifices were not in vain.

Mequon

PS My wife keeps wondering why I am muttering NPOA, NPOA..... I am not telling her until she comes to a shoot with me ;)
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

dragonfly

Thanks again to everyone who came out to the Winnequah gun club Lodi WI Appleseed. Remember dryfire, dryfire, dryfire and I hope we see you all at another Appleseed soon.

Congrats to our new Rifleman Jim 229 and Jeff 210   O0 .

LadyVetch got her Red Hat  :bow:  ..:.. ..:.. ..:..  O0

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations Jim And Jeff on achieveing your Rifleman scores.

Good job Wisconsin ;)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

dragonfly

More picture's

K.I.S.S.

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS on a successful event.  ^:)^

Always rewarding when a one day shooter comes back for day two. Great job!!  :bow:

CONGRATULATIONS to the new Riflemen in WI!! It is not as easy as it seems, eh?  O0

Fabulous pics. Thanks for posting them.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AFTERMATH

Ahh....  2 New Riflemen....  Cleaned Redcoats!
Warm summer breeze, with vivid fall colors!
And look at those evil tv's!
Soft sand, hot brass.
Shooters with enthusiasm to spare!
Appleseed in Wisconsin...
I don't believe I wasn't there!  O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

kab

Hey all,
What do you think of sponsoring an appleseed with a homeschoolers group from Madison area?  We have a contact with many families and may be worth a try.  Also was talking to Colycat on one in Portage during Canal Days beginning of June.  I don't have a hat but am willing to plant the seed and see it grow!   Thanks again and congrats to LV and the riflemen.

Intent without action is an illusion!  -unknown

kab