News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Student Shows Fellow Students What Appleseed is About

Started by AuntieBellum, October 08, 2010, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Hi Everyone -
This link is already posted in the Oct 2-3 Atlanta, IN AAR, but I wanted to bring it to the attention of all the Indiana instructors and shooters just so you can see what is going on.  First of all, yes, this the work of one of my sisters (I have three plus one brother - easiest 7th stepping ever, especially now that my dad has taken an orange hat  O0).  She happens to be a senior at the University of Indianapolis and one of the managers in the TV studio there.  So, since we always need promotions and since she always needs news stories and class projects, this is a preview of her current project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77-T0GY-CY

This is the first draft; she is going to the Oct 30th MCFG 'seed, too, (and hopefully bringing a friend!) to get more interviews and more footage.  She'll add graphics and finish the editing after, and then she'll submit the story to run on their TV station in addition to turning it in as one of her projects for the semester.  All in all, some great exposure for us.  She's actually a double-major, the other of which is Music Technology and Recording - maybe after she finishes this project we can talk her into helping Scout out with the radio show.  Oops, wait, I didn't mention that to her yet.   :-X

She has a fantastic start on this project, and I really can't wait to see the finished project!  Thanks, Jay Pea!  And don't forget to take some time to shoot when you're there - you'll get your own patch before you know it!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

Good looking video.  I am way better looking when I am not frozen.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter