News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Work schedule for the Louisville gun show

Started by Mudcat, October 06, 2010, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

I am opening this up so I can see how much help I will have for the show. If you can work just let me know when and I will add you in the schedule. We will have a table and some info to hand out. Even if you can only help for an hour or so let me know when so we can figure out some kind of schedule.
We have 3 shoots to promote the following weekend as well as our 3 Winterseed shoots. There will be a new one added to the schedule in a day or 2.

Saturday Oct 16
Mudcat
SonofLiberty
Kyjam probably

Sunday Oct 17
Biogranny
Mudcat
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

son of liberty

ill be anywhere ya need me , just give me a call, ill be saturday I guess. What about knob creek?

kentuckyjam

I'm going to try to make it on Saturday the 16th unless something with the new farm rears its ugly head.  Sorry I can't make it on Sunday due to prior commitment.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Mudcat

Quote from: son of liberty on October 06, 2010, 11:05:36 PM
ill be anywhere ya need me , just give me a call, ill be saturday I guess. What about knob creek?

Dryfire is taking care of KCR I cannot be there so I hated to put something together and not be a part of it. He has some material coming from Fred and will be handing it out after the shoot saturday night. He has a post looking for help http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17439.0.

I will put you down for saturday. Thanks!

Quote from: KyJam on October 07, 2010, 09:31:50 PM
I'm going to try to make it on Saturday the 16th unless something with the new farm rears its ugly head.  Sorry I can't make it on Sunday due to prior commitment.

Great I will put you down for saturday as well.
Thanks to both of you!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

I have a Appleseed banner and will be making the structure to hold the banner up high. I have Dillon and Swat reprints. National tri-fold fliers and I am going to get some fliers printed of the upcoming shoots and Winterseeds. Anything else? Anyone else??
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Where is it and what are the times?  Will be able to give you a definite by Thursday.  Would you rather I don an AS shirt or the Women's Seed shirt?

Mudcat

The show is at the fairgrounds and I know nothing more than that. We have yet to receive any info on where to be or what to do from the promoter. Let me do some looking around and see what I can find.

I got the stand to put a banner above the table made to day at work ;). I got 200 fliers and thinking I will need some more. The banner, a Brown Bess replica too.

As far as what to wear? Which ever you want to. I will wear my Appleseed polo shirt and a red hat.

I will let you know what I find out.
--George Washington

Mudcat

OK I found this.
Exhibitor Set-up: Friday 3pm to 8pm, Saturday 8am .
The show starts at 9:00am any time in between will be fine.
South wing C at the fair and expo center.
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

I'll be there.  We don't have room for one of the maps do we?  If so, that could be a visual for the history.

son of liberty

Mudcat

We have an 8' table so as far as room if you bring it and after we get set up and we have room we can always bring it in. Better to have it than not need it than to need it and not have it.

As far as the polo shirts they come with a RH and other stuff. Have your next SB order you one with his or her next shoot box if you are a RH. If you are not, be sure to bring a filled out PC to the next shoot you attend and continue the progress towards RH. With the shoots left in KY. this year you can make it easy enough with a lot of study time. O0
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Do we have pictures of people at shoots other than what is on the flyers?  I thought about printing some off and putting them together so people have a smidgen of a concept what it's like there.

Mudcat

Great idea, now keep them coming.  O0  I was planning on bring my laptop we could put a sideshow together to run.  Hmm wonder about battery life though or if we will have a plug in. ???
--George Washington

JonL

If the show attendance is anything like the one we attended last year, there will be 500+ people waiting in line when the doors open at 9am on Saturday.  By noon, there were a thousand people at the show at least.  Plus several hundred vendors.

I don't know what the ratio of people to flyers given out...but you might want a few more  ;)

kentuckyjam

I'm printing out 2 letter size sheets with pics now.  Bring an extension cord, because people have credit card machines and stuff they have to plug in, so there may be power available.

What about chamber flags to give them the website?  If anyone has anythign already whipped up for postcard size, I have some heavy weight paper postcards I can print on.  Hmm....maybe just website, and Ky and Indiana 2010 dates??

Quote from: Mudcat on October 13, 2010, 11:11:42 PM
Great idea, now keep them coming.  O0  I was planning on bring my laptop we could put a sideshow together to run.  Hmm wonder about battery life though or if we will have a plug in. ???

Mudcat

i have a flier already made up i will send you tonight
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

We should have a red table cloth (inexpensive) to bring attenion to us.  And it will visually set off anything on the table better than dirty white tables would.  I'll put that on my list for today when I go to town.

Mudcat

I got 400 more fliers printed up today. If we run out I can get more.
Got everything loaded and ready to go. Still have not heard from the promoter so don't have any idea where to get signed in at. Give me a call when you get there SOL and Kyjam and I will give you some directions.

--George Washington

son of liberty

Folks I am very very sorry but I have to cancel, Its opening day of muzzle loader and im broke and on unemployment and I have to fill my freezer if im going to fill my belly. I didn't realize it was on the same day , If I have enough luck in the morning ill try to make the afternoon. Again im very sorry and feel like im letting ya all down but im between a rock and a hard spot.

kentuckyjam

Don't you worry aobut a thing.  I'm heading out shortly and I have enough mouth for the both of us.  O0  Brad is hoping to catch us some food as well.  Man has to take care of his family first.  See ya next weekend!

JonL

Had a great time at the gun show yesterday, and it was great to meet Mudcat and KentuckyJam.  My wife is really enthused about the shoot and was talking all the way home about how to get more women involved and to come out and participate.  Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to our first shoot in December in Ashland(Cannonsburg).