News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tucson *Wednesday* night LTR practice

Started by azmule, October 06, 2010, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Ok, in an effort to tidy up and avoid confusion, different night - different thread.  Is there a way to nuke the now defunct Monday night thread perhaps?

Quick background for folks who are just tuning in:  Before the Marksman indoor range on 29th St. in Tucson reduced their hours, I had been practicing there on Monday evenings after work due to a lack of weekend time to go to the outdoor range.  As soon as I posted an invitation for other Tucson 'seeders to join me not only to practice, but also to raise a visible Appleseed presence at that range, they eliminated their evening hours "for the summer."  Summer wound up lasting until October 20th this year, but the Marksman is finally open in the evenings again from Wednesday through Friday.   ^:)^

So the new Tucson LTR skill polishing night is Wednesday, come join me from 6 to 8 pm at the 29th St. Marksman indoor range for a midweek lift.   :---
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

azmule

Bumpety - Tucson 'seeders, we're back on for Wednesday nights after work!  6 to 8 pm at the Marksman indoor range on 29th St. West of Craycroft.

azmule

Nuts!  Home sick today, and still feel lousy - looks like I'm going to miss LTR night tonight.  Sorry!   >:(

azmule

Bumpity!  Need some LTR work?  New Year's resolution to shoot better?  With very rare exception, myself and/or some other Tucson Appleseeders are still shooting at the Marksman every Wednesday evening from 6-6:15 to about 7:30-8.

Tuksonrider

Just curious. Does the range at marksman pistol allow you to practice sitting and prone position there?

azmule

They do - as long as you do it in such a way so that the bullets hit low on the backstop.  Ask for an extra long cardboard backing to hang your target low.

Quote from: Tuksonrider on February 12, 2011, 08:46:13 PM
Just curious. Does the range at marksman pistol allow you to practice sitting and prone position there?

Nuts!  Looks like I'm going to have to miss this week, I've got a meeting I'll have to attend.

azmule

Dang!  Have to miss again - late meeting.  I don't think any of the regular crew will be at the range tonight as we all have to attend the meeting.