News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Pensacola, FL Oct 2-3

Started by 4merUSMC1803, October 04, 2010, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

We had 17 attendees on Saturday and 10 returned on Sunday and we added a walk on, who had attended a previous Appleseed.  This group was great, every one stayed until the completion of both days.  Here is first batch of the photos I took.  If anybody else cares to share more, go ahead and add them.  Also, let us know your thoughts about the weekend. 
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Here's the final batch of photos.
D Lawley

kidthatsirish

Just wanted to say thanks to all the instructors for your time and effort this past weekend.  Everytime I go to one of these things, I am once again reminded of the things that made our nation the greatest in the world!

Sorry I couldn't come back on Sunday.  Had a really good friend break down late on Sat. night and I had to spend Sunday to help him fix his truck, what a mess!

Hopefully I will be able to get that rifleman patch soon, I would love to become an orange hat, you guys are really doing something worthwhile.

-Daniel

Alchemist

I want to say thanks again to all of our instructors for their efforts and their patience.  This was my fourth and  a half Appleseed and I really felt my NPOA for the first time and shot my highest score (two points short of needing to find a puddle).  No offense to any of the previous Appleseed instructors, I'm old and a slow learner.

It's exhilarating the first time you look through the scope, completely relaxed, loop sling, body and rifle all working together and absolutely no movement until you breath in and out.  I have never had that experience before.  Not hint of muscle movement, just a solid shooting platform.  Goodbye bench, hello six steps (or even seven).

Shooting three shots in rifleman's cadence and getting a 4 MOA group in a straight vertical line on the star target - with my sights BLINDED by an instructor using a card is a thrill!  That's NPOA!!!

I am showing everyone I can the targets and inviting them to the next event.  Targets don't lie.

I can't wait until December.  I'm dry firing for my Rifleman patch until then.

spmcpeek

Thanks to everyone for coming out to this wonderful shoot.  The weather was beautiful and the facilities were excellent and well run. 

To all the shooters: Keep practicing! Do not get discouraged because eventually everything will come together and you will become a Rifleman.

Thanks to all the instructors for helping me, especially during my half asleep ramblings on Saturday.

POP

Quote from: kidthatsirish on October 05, 2010, 01:30:42 AM
Hopefully I will be able to get that rifleman patch soon, I would love to become an orange hat, you guys are really doing something worthwhile.

-Daniel

We all were in your shoes early in our Appleseed careers.  You hit the nail square on with "You guys are really doing something worthwhile."  That's what we said after our first event. 

Ya'll all come to an Appleseed in Louisiana.  Come to think of it there is one in Shreveport this coming weekend and one in Sherburne West of Baton Rouge the following weekend (Stephen McPeek will Shoot Boss both of them).  Ya'll show your appreciation for these instructors who travel by doing some travel yourselves.  You'll be glad you did.  And, so will your country.

And if that does not whet your appetite, and, I know it won't, there will be a week long Rifleman Boot Camp in Davilla TX mid November.  This event will be the best yet, I promise. 

So, Fast Track your way to that Rifleman Patch and Orange Hat with McPeek.  Then hone your skills at the November Davilla RBC.  You'll be glad you did.  And, so will your country.   Hmmm, did I say that already?   #) **)  Well, its true. 

Excellent pics.  Great Appleseed.  Thanks Stephen and instructors for the extra effort.   O0

POP 
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

LadyZipper

Thanks to everyone who attended. I had a wonderful time as usual. Also many thanks to ERML for being such gracious hosts, Manny, Tim, Papaw Wayne and AJ to name a few.

The weather was good and thanks to our friends from Alabama we had some shade. The shooters were very receptive and quite patient, without a grumble amongst them. spmcpeek and 4merUSMC1803 were great to learn from and calfret and AdobeWalls were great to work with.

I am definitely looking forward to the next Pensacola shoot.

-Vicki