News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Del Mar Gun Show Oct 2-3 2010

Started by Justin, October 03, 2010, 02:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

(Taken from Private Messages)

Is there an AAR area for gun shows and the like? If so this belongs there and I will repost, if not, there should be!

I have to say that Francis Marion was the hero and go to guy of the day.

He put together an awesome banner stand, brought flags in and hung those from it as well. I real professional looking job as well as being very engaged in conversation with people in the show. He also called and helped us find the right spot to park and enter the event this morning. Can't wait until tomorrow morning to do it all again!

I think we reached out and touched some people. The Rainbow and Dulzura events were heavily publicized and I think we'll have a good turnout based on the interest we got today. The great news is we have all tomorrow to promote AS and the events in the area.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and thanks so much for the example and mentoring Francis Marion as well as Zot for volunteering.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Francis Marion

How do they post the photos into the body of the email? asked the caveman.

The team delivered the message.  

Attendees are starting to recognize us; ~15% of the people spoken to had heard of Appleseed before from SGN or websites.

Dulzura and Rainbow may sell out.  Let's do this again tomorrow.  

Zoli brought Donuts and good counsel; both good moves.

Justin brought Apple-corps (ha ha, get it) values to the effort- which made a banner difference, if I may frame his contribution that way.  

Best moment of the day?  A father and son chatting with us about our fine program.   Zoli talked to Dad while the young fellow, 12, listened but didn't join in the 'big, important adult talk.'  So I chatted with Johnny about what happened on April 19- what it must have felt like to have been for William Diamond to get out of a warm bet at 2 AM, to report for muster drum duty, and for the 'kids' of that time to join the town militia at age 16.  I talked about how far the British had to walk, and the purpose of their Concord march:  To take ball and powder from the people.  
Then Johnny had a chance to say what was on his mind.  
A serious, thoughtful expression drew his face as he looked around and searched for the right words.  
He finally said-

' It seems to me...  today, it's just like back then.  They're taking our ammunition.'

Well, I was stunned to hear such lucid, unsolicited insight from a young person.  Hearing that, I was paid in full.

bob 210

It looks like you folkks did a great job out there this weekend! Keep up the good work Team San Diego!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA