News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin 795 deal

Started by charles_w, October 02, 2010, 11:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles_w

I know this has been posted in the deals and steals area, but I wanted to mention it here as well (and I cannot post in the deals and steals area).  Academy has Marlin 795's for $119 - $129 with a $25 mail in rebate from Marlin through the end of the year.  The regular price is $129 but they have them for $119 sometimes.  These little rifles shoot well and are a great deal.  We picked up one for my older son to use and he loves it.  He is the one on the right in the photo -- he's working on a red coat target in the pic.  The rifle comes with studs, so all that we added was swivels, a sling, and a very basic scope -- total cost was about $160 after the rebate on the rifle.  And, it will easily put 5 rounds in the one inch square (if you do your part).

Lonestar

Thanks for that heads up. Sounds like just the ticket for my son for his first Appleseed.

starfox

The Academys around DFW are usually low in stock.  When I saw the rebate come out, only one Academy in the Fort Worth area had one.  FYI, I picked up one from Cabela's after asking them if they would price match Academy.  Cabela's normally sells it for $149.  They price matched Academy's normal price of $129 for me.  Bass Pro shops would probably do the same.

Now, if only anyone, anywhere, had the marlin magazines in stock.  Anyone know of a place?  CTD, and most of the online stores I've tried are out of stock.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

GoldFish

While only 7 round mags, Gander Mtn. has them in stock on sale.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Marlin_22_LR_Auto_Loader_X_Magazine&i=400635&r=view&aID=510K5&cID=GSHOP_400635

dart67, I forgot about CDNN until after I posted.  That is a better deal. :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

CaptG

Bass Pro will match competitors price if you bring in an Ad.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill