News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Turkey season coming up, whos going?!

Started by Heimdhal, September 30, 2010, 10:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heimdhal

Ive never been turkey hunting and have been telling myself "this is the year I do it!"  Well, after three years of saying that...THIS IS THE YEAR IM DOING IT!.....I think.

Trouble is, like I said, I've never been and dont know all the ins and outs.  I know some of the general things from reading up, like setting up an "ambush" spot on their feed trails, not being allowed to hunt them in their roost, how astute a turkey can actualy be, etc, etc.

If any one is looking for a hunting partner in Zone A, let me know.  I want one for thanksgiving, which mean Ive either go the 4-17 of october season, or the nov 20-26th season until spring season opens.  Any tips are greatly welcome as well.

(I'd like to do deer this year as well).

HEAVYZEE

i dont know anything about hunting, but would like to learn... I too am in Zone A... turkey hogs and deer would be lottsa fun!!

Heimdhal

Rick and I were talking a little on sunday about getting something organized.  Season officialy started today, and goes until the 17th.  Then the main season re-opens November 20th and runs into January 2nd.  Spring turkey opens March 5 through April 11th and I've heard spring turkey is a little easier.

I want one for thanksgiving and I REALLY wanted to go for the October mini season, but I dont think Ill be able to make it.  I just dont have a lot of time to scout out hunting areas and spend a day or two stalking and hunting.  Nearly every weekend of october is slotted for other things, including my daughters birth day party and a rifle shoot in clewiston.

SO....if we go for fall turkey, it may have to wait until november.  Rick might run into issues with the Mrs. if he even thinks about going out for spring turkey.....  &) &)

At any rate, I'll post here when I know more.  THe only weekend Ill have available for fall turkey in october will be the last weekend of the season, and Im not 100% on that.  :-\