News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another KD Day and 2011 Planning Session

Started by CortJestir, September 29, 2010, 11:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Below is a repost of a PM from vernic to the CT crew. Feel free to chime in here as well. Thanks for getting this started, Freddie.

CJ

Quote from: vernic82 on September 29, 2010, 08:47:26 PM

Hi CT Instructor Crew,

We all need to get our ducks in a row and plan our 2011 CT Appleseed calendar.  What better way to do that?  Combine it with a KD morning and afternoon 'working' BBQ! **)

I have to confirm with the Fin's Rifle Chair (he's unavailable until tomorrow) on the date but tentatively consider the date:

Sunday, Oct. 17

8:30 am - 12noon Instructor KD at the Fin, Fur & Feather Range

12noon-3pm or???  CT Instructor Crew 2011 Planning Meeting and BBQ at Vernic's house (not far from the range).

If this date is not OK with the Club, I will shoot for Sunday, Oct. 10 or Sunday, Oct, 24.

Please chime in with your thoughts/suggestions. @@)

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

CJ - thanks for posting it here.

I saw your PM response on 10/24 not working - no problem I'll keep 10/17 as the primary date with 10/10 as a back up date. 

How's everyone else with this?

Also - please respond to my PM so we can get an accurate Instructor count, thanks.

More to follow when I speak with the Rifle Chair today.

V82 out
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

Guys - We're on for October 17, 2010.

Here's the plan:

8:30am Arrive at The Fin, Fur & Feather Club, 213 Chewink Rd Chaplin, CT

Instructor KD until 12 noon - bring your centerfire Rifle

Todd, Tom, you guys have the KD targets correct?

12 noon - We'll all head to my house...

For burgers and 2011 Planning Meeting.

Please PM and Post here ASAP that you'll attend.

So far attending:

Todd - cortjestir
Tom - TOMINCT
Fred - vernic82
Dan & son - 2paraniod

Address removed... -CJ
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Quote from: vernic82 on September 30, 2010, 08:23:05 PM

What?! No Trashcan Turkey?  :D

Yeah, I got repair centers. Or maybe we can coax Tommyboy into bringing some reductions.  >:D

mike93lx

I know I'm not in the CT crew, but if you'll have me, I'll take any opportunity to shoot KD with instructors that I can get, plus I'd like to attend more shoots south of the border.

an 11x17 scaled down target should pretty well represent a 400 yard target @ 200.  I could get one scanned and a bunch printed at Kinkos, if you guys don"t already have that done.

hopefully you can get some Orange Hats in for this...I take my coffee black   ~~:)

;)

CortJestir

Absolutely, Mike. The more, the merrier!  O0

vernic82

I think I might be able to find one in the back of the freezer!!!!

Octoberfest is here too!  Prost!

Quote from: CortJestir on September 30, 2010, 11:23:06 PM
Quote from: vernic82 on September 30, 2010, 08:23:05 PM

What?! No Trashcan Turkey?  :D

Yeah, I got repair centers. Or maybe we can coax Tommyboy into bringing some reductions.  >:D
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

fprintf

We still on for Sunday?

If you guys don't mine me bringing my son, age 14, along to watch and run the line then I am also in. I'll bring my .22s, though if you all will take some $$ for ammo I would love to try a rifle or two. It has been ages since I shot - Colebrook was the last time and I was horrible!  :-)
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

We're still on, Stuart. Bring along your son - the more the merrier...

vernic82

Stu - don;t worry the Arms Vault will open up! :cool2:

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

fprintf

Many many thanks to Vernic82 for hosting us at his home range for a known distance shoot, and afterward for a barbeque at his house. And also super thanks to everyone who let me and my son shoot a few rounds downrange. Todd, I absolutely love the Garand!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

The Log

Double ditto on that - thanks for letting us invade your home, V82. We should make these meetings a regular event and rotate ranges. I'd be happy to host the after-party at my homestead if we can KD at Colebrook (20 minutes away), although I'd imagine the eats at Chuckwagon's place are pretty choice, too. Or, if I ever get my DAR up and running, we can all shoot .22LR AQTs in the morning and roll down the hill for grub.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn