News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HEADS UP!!! Alton Shoot Added!!! Nov. 13-14/2010

Started by Garand69, September 28, 2010, 11:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Yes that is right, we will need a lot of promo to get this done@@@
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

wooldl

Great timing!!

I just presented AS to my gun club in Maryville, IL last night and now I can encourage them to come out and see for themselves.   O0
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

RedFox24

Soon as there is a link to the information/registration I will promote to some of my friends at and near Scott AFB.
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

mtbrass

Just went to the Appleseed Map and the new shoot info is up there O0 so it should be up soon everywhere but if you don't see it I down loaded to flyer so PM me and I will send it.

mikaldulee

We pushed it at the Desoto MO shoot.  I sent in to Inst Sched to sign me up.  Time for another border raid. ;)

rprlrpc

There is a big 9/12 rally in Jerseyville 10/23 at the courthouse. There is lots of interest in Appleseed among the 9/12 community. If anyone can hand out flyers or spread the word, I am sure they would be welcome. It runs from noon till four. The next day the Patriot Pastor will be there if anyone wants to brush up on their Revolutionary war history.

P.S. Reville, Jerseyville has cannons in front of there courthouse also!

mikaldulee

I just spoke with "she who must be obeyed".  ~~:)

I live about an hour and a half from the range at JR's.  My home is available to any instructor attending who needs a place to crash out.  Contact me if you are intrested. :)

Reveille

Quote from: rprlrpc on October 17, 2010, 10:29:09 PM
There is a big 9/12 rally in Jerseyville 10/23 at the courthouse. There is lots of interest in Appleseed among the 9/12 community. If anyone can hand out flyers or spread the word, I am sure they would be welcome. It runs from noon till four. The next day the Patriot Pastor will be there if anyone wants to brush up on their Revolutionary war history.

P.S. Reville, Jerseyville has cannons in front of there courthouse also!

Great!  My shoulder still hurts from last time....but it's a good hurt! :~ ^:)^
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

TreadCarefully

Make sure the Osage RBC participants know! Their neighborhood and all...
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

rprlrpc

James and I handed out some flyers and spread the word about Appleseed at the Freedom Rally today. We will also be attending the Patriot Pastor tomorrow.

rprlrpc

Handed out more flyers at the Patriot Pastor event today. He will be at Pittsfield tonight, and he will be in Bethalto and South Roxana on Tuesday. He is a very good speaker. All Appleseeders must put him on their to do list. Anyway, I know of four people that will be attending the "Alton" shoot and this will be their first Appleseed.

rprlrpc

The St Louis Weapons Collectors gun show is in St Charles Nov 6th & 7th. This is the largest gun show in the St Louis area. St Charles is only about 30 minutes from the range. Two of the Rifleman from the April shoot were from the St Charles area. Does anybody know if any of our friends from the show me state attend this show.

Pappy

Hello All; This event has Limited space, SO book your slot on the line EARLY, like right now-- AS it should sell out...
The owner of this range is John Ross, Author of the book, UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES from Accurate Press. John may be on sight to sign your copy... This is a great book, I read it and have reread it- its that good...
At the range there is a shelter area for class and lunch & camping is on sight... This range is in a limestone quarry. We should see a couple new Orange hats that were minted at the Osage Boot Camp on the line at this shoot for there first shoot, Welcome to Derek & Jess..   Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Restless

Thanks Pappy!

I just confirmed that I will definitely be there as an IIT.

I've already got a couple people signed up, and am promoting the hell out of this thing.

How many slots are available?

Just out of curiosity...
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

rprlrpc

We have been really dry here this fall. we just had our first rain in about six weeks Tuesday night. I will ask James to look at the quarry Monday to see what the water situation is. I may be able to come across some pallets also. I have a feeling that there will be alot of walkins if the weather is nice.

Richard

EEL

Range capacity has been adjusted to 25.

Listen to Pappy..............SIGN UP EARLY OR YOU MIGHT BE WATCHING FROM THE BLEACHERS  ;D
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

rprlrpc

James has been to the range, but it is dark when he goes by so he didn't get a good look at the water. But we have had less than 15 minutes of rain in the last two months, so it shoudn't be very bad.  MTBRASS give me a call before Veterans Day. I have three pallets at the house and could get some more if needed/wanted. I am in charge of the parade on Veterans day and will be free after the dinner but I will am going to be down in St Louis on Friday. I still don't know if I will be able to attend, depends on what happens on Friday.   Richard Cullen 

mikaldulee

rprlrpc

The press release came out in the local paper today. That should help with filling the line. Also, got some onsite reconnaissance today. The quarry is dry almost to the bluff. This should allow the target line to be pushed back to allow for a longer firing line. For the John Ross fans, the recon report did not say anything about a helicopter.

Boba Fett

Can anyone help get a target line to Alton for this shoot? I cannot get access to a vehicle that can haul the backers plus everything else that's needed.
I could probably fit the re-rod, tie downs, and wire in my car, but not the backers.

Thanks,
Boba

Garand69

Quote from: rprlrpc on November 04, 2010, 04:39:09 PM
The press release came out in the local paper today. That should help with filling the line. Also, got some onsite reconnaissance today. The quarry is dry almost to the bluff. This should allow the target line to be pushed back to allow for a longer firing line. For the John Ross fans, the recon report did not say anything about a helicopter.

Excellent to hear O0

Great work promo :bow: :bow:
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

mtbrass

My plan is to get everything we need for the target line down there and work on getting it set up on Friday during the day. I am not too far away and took Friday off to get it done. rpr pm inbound. If there are any other needs or concerns pm me.

I actually explained the need to my wife for every person to have a portable firing line at their disposal  ;D once I have it (here in the next 3 - 4 days) then "have firing line will travel" will become my new motto. :)

Restless

If y'all need any help Friday afternoon getting stuff set up, shoot me an email. I get out of school at 2 and can help after that.
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

rprlrpc

You shouldn't need backers. We put the backers from the spring shoot in the top of the bldg.

George63

Reveille put together a great setup for this range, if he can not make it I may be able to get his gear, if that works out I will go to Alton for sure, only took about 2 hrs to set up the target line in the rain,  can a local check that the backer foam is still up in the canopy - did not get used

Reveille

I am still trying to swing making it down but even if I can I woud be rolling in well after dark on Friday night so if you want to pick up the target line send me a PM.  You would just need a cumalong or strap hoist to tighten it up.  Mine is out on loan and I dought that I could get it back in time.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

George63

no problem on the ratchet strap, will need to get the measurement for the drill bit as TC had that

Reveille

Quote from: George63 on November 05, 2010, 11:48:35 PM
no problem on the ratchet strap, will need to get the measurement for the drill bit as TC had that

1" is perfect.

mikaldulee

Let me know if we are instructor heavy on this one.  It's mine and my sons birthday weekend and I have missed several due to having been an OTR trucker.  I signed on awhile back when it was looking thin.  If not, I'll be there. :)

Garand69

Quote from: mikaldulee on November 07, 2010, 09:35:27 AM
Let me know if we are instructor heavy on this one.  It's mine and my sons birthday weekend and I have missed several due to having been an OTR trucker.  I signed on awhile back when it was looking thin.  If not, I'll be there. :)

Instead of relying on your post to get read Mikaldulee, I would PM The Guy O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz