News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I would like to introduce myself

Started by Biscuit, September 28, 2010, 10:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit

Hi! I am Biscuit (James), and I will be moving out to Edgar Springs, Mo the 29th of September. I just scored Rifleman this last weekend out at the Glen Helen Appleseed in Ca. I have been going to seeds as best I can for roughly 2 1/2 years. I hope to meet you guys some time soon.
MAN do I HATE some of my nicknames.

shot the score on Sept. 26th, 2010.
Started in 2008/09. Total events attend as a shooter: TOO MANY!!!!

James T.

Ratchett

Biscuit,

Congratulations on the Rifleman patch! O0  I am sure the Mo crew will appreciate having you on board. They are a great bunch of folks! Maybe you could make it over to the RBC Oct 17-25 in Osage Beach, if you are settled by then. You will definitely meet a great core of the Midwest instructors if would fit your schedule.

Hopefully we will meet on the trail one day as well. Stay strong and keep the Faith
In His Grip,
Ratchett

PS Sorry Calif for the loss of a dedicated Appleseeder.
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

cmidkiff

Welcome to MO Biscuit!

Edgar Springs puts you an hour and a half from our Osage Beach range, two and a half from Humansville, and two hours from De Soto.  Right in the thick of things :)

Check the schedule... we have several shoots remaining at these locations this fall.  Come on out!

I hope to get the chance to meet you soon, and Congrats on that Rifleman patch!

Chris Midkiff
aka Greybeard

TruTenacity

Now this is what I call an Appleseed national family: You need to move?  One of the first things you do is look for fellow seeders in your new location!  It wouldn't have been so easy a few years ago.  Nice.

TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Gramma Goats

if that doesn't work try for Nov 13-14 at Humansville MO or a WinterSeed   Dec 4-5 at humansville MO

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on September 28, 2010, 11:00:04 AM
Biscuit,

Congratulations on the Rifleman patch! O0  I am sure the Mo crew will appreciate having you on board. They are a great bunch of folks! Maybe you could make it over to the RBC Oct 17-25 in Osage Beach, if you are settled by then. You will definitely meet a great core of the Midwest instructors if would fit your schedule.

Hopefully we will meet on the trail one day as well. Stay strong and keep the Faith
In His Grip,
Ratchett

PS Sorry Calif for the loss of a dedicated Appleseeder.
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Redleg13a

Cool, another appleseeder close!  I live in Rolla so not too far away.

mikaldulee

Rocket Man

Good luck, James!  Have fun out there.

You'll be back eventually.  Look us up when you can.

To the MO Appleseed crew, snatch him up.  He knows his stuff.   ..:..
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Biscuit

Thanks Rocket man, and asminuteman for everything.
Also asmintueman is right in with the fact that I am a War between the States re-enactor. HOWEVER since I am moving I will be giving up my rank :'(. YEA! No more Morning reports  ;D...

I was wondering who is in the area of Rolla?
I would like to know, simply because I would like to attempt to make the next Appleseed.
I do not know IF I will have a vehicle , so IF someone is willing to give an IIT0 a ride, I would be in their debt.

MAN do I HATE some of my nicknames.

shot the score on Sept. 26th, 2010.
Started in 2008/09. Total events attend as a shooter: TOO MANY!!!!

James T.

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Greg in MO

Ah, another CW guy.  We got one of those...  Rebel Yell is an artillery boy.  I'm sure he would be happy to tell you all the goings on in MO on that front.

I'm sure we will find a way to get you to some shoots.  We need all the help we can get!

See you on the line...

Greg

LayloPro

Yep,

Our "Biscuit" got all grow'd up, & graduated finally....now he's off to college......
His heads kinda lop-sided, but that was just from 2 yrs worth of clown batting...... ::) &)  $$-0 @)
Take care of him well, Big MO, he deserves it...... 8)

And it's ok to remind him from time to time that real rifles don't use caps........ **) **) **) :))

Be well Bisckie, you will be missed out here...... :'(

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Chris_H

Hi Biscuit,

Congratulations on persisting until you earned the patch & thanks for taking a bucket/hat!

Chris

Longshot

Biscuit,

OK, I KNOW where Edgar Springs is, which begs the question, " What in *ell are you doing there?" I have good friends close to there, and would be happy to hook you up. The Oct. Osage Beach RBC and Appleseed is going to be awesome, as usual, and we would love to see you. It's about  1.25 hrs from E.S. We can help you out if you need anything. Let us know.

The Appleseed family is everywhere.

Longshot
KR
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Francis Marion

Biscuit?  Nah, more like Hard Tack.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!  Well done- diligent perseverence rewards a Rifleman.

I'd like to have seen you earn that patch. 

Farewell to you and your 1853 Enfield; enjoy the most excellent MO gun laws while we catch up CA laws- and the Ca electorate- to Liberty's standard.   

James, you are a young man who 'knows very well what he is about.'

Shoot straight and often.