News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinesville Mini Appleseed; Jan 19

Started by militiaman 1741, January 19, 2008, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

militiaman 1741

Talon and Cannonman ran yet another mini appleseed at Hinesville today.  It was well attended by 10 or so shooters including 4 IIT's and a goodly supply of frogs strangling in the rain.  Several shooters were using newly acquired weapons; several others were using old favorites.  Even the Boss' got to shoot a little.  Pictures to follow.

Note to JB
As you predicted, the cold and rain did inversely affect the number of snakes; however, we were somewhat distracted by the aforementioned frogs.
Imagine them taking from a man what he has honestly earned !  It's theft disguised as government !

militiaman 1741

Here are some shots.

Imagine them taking from a man what he has honestly earned !  It's theft disguised as government !

cannonman61

Well now.

That was so much fun, I'm ready to give Sgt Cap a wakeup call again in the morning and do it again! :D

Seriously, we had 12 on the line, 11 shooters and me trying to learn the ropes of calling a line. I only briefly saw Talon's clown bat and he missed his only swing.  ;)

Good improvements all around and one newbie, Wyatt, had some really fantastic groups, some were 1/2" or less! Beginners luck, I think not.

Talons Romanian AK la bombe' was shooting true sub 4 minute groups all day at the 1" squares, now he just needs to translate that to the AQT!

This was our 3rd Mini down here since November and we have a blast each time. If you haven't been to one you've missed a good time and loads of friendly comraderie. Next up is the full Appleseed in Hinesville in March 1-2. I hope to see everyone who stayed home to be warm and dry today, turn out that weekend and hammer some serious paper with us then!

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Flathead

what is with the bipod on the ak!!!!
Looks like a cold and wet shoot, glad you had a great time to bad more could not make it

Bladerunner33

I also had Good time despite my failure to meet AQT standards once again,headin back out to the range today to shoot squares,i found somemore ammo laying around i keep for emergency's.
My guest shooter told me he finally saw that i endeed did know where to find men of substance and how i spent so much time shooting.Cannonman,SgtCap,Morgan,Talon hats off to ya.

Junior Birdman

Great work guys!  When the weather at the range gets this bad, it shows who the "hard cores" are. (How many times have you been the only ones at the range because it was too hot, too cold, too wet, too something?)

I don't understand why you folks only have two Appleseeds scheduled for next year!  Maybe between them you are considering an invasion of South Carolina to establish an Appleseed "beach head" where you can force marksmanship on an otherwise recalcitrant state?  Talon, myself, and the rest of the underground resistance movement, (all 3 of us), welcome you!  We don't have as many water moccasins, but it could still be fun.

Congrats on a good shoot, especially the new shooter guy. I bet he thinks long and hard before agreeing to accompany Blade to another event!  :D  JB

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Grin Reaper

What, no snow in Hinesville?  What's up with that?  :D

Sounds like a good event.
"There's gotta be a few umlauts laying around somewhere." JB

Bladerunner33

Quote from: Junior Birdman on January 20, 2008, 02:51:17 PM
   Great work guys!  When the weather at the range gets this bad, it shows who the "hard cores" are. (How many times have you been the only ones at the range because it was too hot, too cold, too wet, too something?)

I don't understand why you folks only have two Appleseeds scheduled for next year!  Maybe between them you are considering an invasion of South Carolina to establish an Appleseed "beach head" where you can force marksmanship on an otherwise recalcitrant state?  Talon, myself, and the rest of the underground resistance movement, (all 3 of us), welcome you!  We don't have as many water moccasins, but it could still be fun.

[ Congrats on a good shoot, especially the new shooter guy. I bet he thinks long and hard before agreeing to accompany Blade to another event! ] :D  JB
You mean he'll think twice before going out the night before and going party animal on me,wimped out on the ruck march he did but told me he knew why i spent so much time out there,SGTcap really got down next to him got him up to speed.
And when snow comes to hinesville it gets scared and turns to rain.