News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station (Cawthon), Tx., September 25-26th

Started by Tourmeister, September 27, 2010, 03:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tourmeister

Howdy,

This was my first Appleseed event. Overall I would have to say it was well worth the time, effort, and expense to attend. The instruction was excellent and the instructors very helpful and enthusiastic. The heat on day one was pretty rough. Day two was much better! Still, despite the heat and some rain, it was a great time. I attended with my Dad, older brother and his daughter. This was my first time to receive any kind of formal training for specific techniques in shooting. I think my lowest AQT was 129 and the high was 163. For my first time out with a rifle I've only just started shooting, I was pleased with the results. I now know that I REALLY have to work on my trigger technique! Because of Dad's age, 72, he was not able to do any of the prone, sitting, kneeling and shot from a bench, but he still had a real good time and very much appreciated the instructors working with him on this. My niece (15 years old) is already talking about wanting to do another event! I have to give my elbows some time to recover and apparently do some serious stretching so I can get in those sitting positions!! All of us enjoyed the history lessons as well. A big thanks to the instructors!

Adios,
Scott "Tourmeister" Friday
--
Scott Friday

Tourmeister

I forgot to mention that I have pictures of several of the folks that also attended. I have several good shots of Ian shooting the M1 Carbine, the group shot of the instructors, Steve (instructor) shooting that big long Russian rifle in the sitting position, and the guy shooting the AR on the far right end of the line Sunday. I'll try to get most of them up here in the next day or so. If anyone would like the full sized copy of any images, let me know and I can email them to you.
--
Scott Friday

Reddot

Scott,
It was great seeing you and the family on the range.  We really enjoyed having all of you.  You were all doing well and making great progress.  A Rifleman Patch is in your future  :)
Looking forward to seeing you again next month.
Chuck

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison