News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Tuscaloosa, Al September 25-26

Started by 4merUSMC1803, September 27, 2010, 02:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

This was the 1st (inaugural?) event at a brand-new venue; Tuscaloosa Gun Club hosted. 

Shoot Boss-Friedenmeister, Shoot Boss In Training- 4merUSMC1803
Instructors: Junior Birdman, Bama, Brandon1 (as soon as he escaped from his day job), Goose (IIT2), Bamanurse (IIT2), Allan (IIT2), & Gnat (IIT). A VERY SOLID CREW!

3 Riflemen: Frank, Joe, & Joseph
Awarded AS Youth Patches to: Jordan, Dennon, Michael, and Hunter.

A beautiful range facility, TGC provided wonderful support through its solid leadership (Joe Mc & Russ E, who was an inspiration as an Adaptive Appleseeder), and warm, friendly members. They even provided grilled lunch on Saturday for a nominal fee of $2.50. The first day was sunny and warm.  Attendees were great, showed lots of enthusiasm for, and paid great attention to all facets of history and marksmanship instruction.  We even had a Rifleman on the 1st AQT, Frank L, a returning Appleseed alumnus, qualifying with a 230.

Sunday dawned with a thunderstorm, first thing, delaying the start of shooting until about 10:45 while we waited out the lightning and pelting rain ("didn't want to get anyone killed, unnecessarily"). 

Once we reviewed safety, positions, 6 steps, NPOA, cadence, we practiced stages, then went into the soggy start-of-the-day AQT, and found our next Rifleman, Joe Mc, the club president; not only can he lead a stellar club, he shoots well! After a lunch break and introductions to some dangerous old men and brave women, we returned to the AQT grind where our final Rifleman of the day was Joseph L, Franks's son, who qualified with 210 on the nose!  All in all, a great shoot. 

You, the attendees represented the absolute best, and upheld the finest traditions of, the South.  As Bama says,"Hooray for Dixie!"

I'm looking forward to your input.  I managed to get some photos and hope to post them on this thread this week.  In the meantime, let us know your thoughts, comments, recommendations, or whatever's on your minds!
Darrell   
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Photos, as promised.  Saturday.
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

More Photos.  Sunday.  If anybody got a photo of Joe McD., please PM me.

Edited to add another Joe McD's Rifleman photo.
D Lawley

Thomas404

(I posted this in "Alabama" before I saw this section and thought I'd put a copy here where it belongs)

Both Rowse men are bone-tired this morning, but I wanted to thank everyone that had a hand in putting this weekend together. Even though it'll probably end up costing me two rifles ...a semi-auto for Michael's next Appleseed and the M1 he now just "HAS TO HAVE" (Thanks Friedenmeister and Goose!)... I know we've both been blessed beyond measure.

We'll be working on our marksmanship and mindful of looking for the "next right thing". We would both be honored to be counted among your friends and the 10 people you could call.

--Thomas

Here's a picture of Michael about 8pm on the ride home...

Report to moderator 173.24.209.58

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Gnat is out there line bossing? AWESOME!

What next Gnat, State Coordinator!?

I'm proud of ya!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Bamanurse

Thanks to everyone, participants to instructors and gun club members, for making the Tuscaloosa Appleseed a success.  I'm proud to say it's my club. Thanks to Mr Dwight for the article in the paper a week before and thanks to Mr mcDonald for trusting us to come in and provide the instruction. Thanks to Mr Fikes for his wonderfuland greatly enjoyed burgers. Thank you russel for participating with us and giving is the chance to work with you and learn from you as well. Pam it was great getting to meet and work with you and Jennifer and Mazzie. The ladies were definitly in attendance. Jordan you go little lady, you never gave up or became discouraged. If you whined at all Saturday I never heard it. Your mom and dad did great as well, thank you for the chance to participate with you and I love seeing the whole family together. 

Bama thanks for working with my nephew and making himfeel welcome.

Thanks and good work and congratulations to Gnat (my son). You did a good job buddy and you held yourself well for your 12 years.

Goose, Allan, Junior Birdman, Bama, 4merUSMC1803(what does the 1803 mean anyway), brandon1, friedenmeister, as always thank you for your hard work and participation. It's been a privilege.
"We dare defend our rights"
Molon Labe
I might not be the brightest or sharpest crayon in the box but I think outside the box anyway.
All bleeding stops eventually and breathing is over rated.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post but some electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

Bamanurse

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on September 27, 2010, 01:27:49 PM
Gnat is out there line bossing? AWESOME!

What next Gnat, State Coordinator!?

I'm proud of ya!

Actually he's going for the world ;D
"We dare defend our rights"
Molon Labe
I might not be the brightest or sharpest crayon in the box but I think outside the box anyway.
All bleeding stops eventually and breathing is over rated.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post but some electrons were seriously inconvenienced.