News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winamac Fish and Wildlife area?

Started by stschil, September 26, 2010, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stschil

I saw a post on INGO that said there was an Appleseed shoot at the Winamac Fish and Wildlife area range in late Oct.  I cannot find anything on any schedule here.  It might be a mini.

I lived and worked in Winamac and the surrounding area for 8 years,  it's my adopted "Hometown" and would love to go to a shoot there if there really is one.
Can anyone either confirm?
  If confirmed,,,can I get contact info?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

hawkhavn

Steve,

Sorry I haven't heard anything about a shoot in Winimac. Anyone else?
My (admittedly) quick search on INGO failed to turn anything up.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

The topic of a NWI Appleseed was discussed heavily at a few of the NWI INGO Meet and Shoots, so I'm guessing that's where the miscommunication comes from.  The NWI Appleseed coming at the end of October is a one-day in Chesterton at the North Porter County Conservation Club on October 23rd, a mere 1 hour and 20 minutes away.  Another option is the Atlanta full Appleseed next weekend, only 1 hour and 30 minutes away.  Hope to see you soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

stschil

Thanks for the Info.   I was really hoping that Winamac was a go.   It's a very nice range and the fact that I'd have another "excuse" to go up and visit with some old friends would have been a big plus!  LOL 
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author