News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Article in the Evansville Courier & Press

Started by Mudcat, September 26, 2010, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Here is the article that ran in today's paper. Not bad the picture is kind of so so but we are teaching we just had not yet gotten to the kid in the background. He ended up having a very nice looking crossed legged position.

Anyway here is the Article

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/sep/26/shooting-instructors-aim-to-widen-scope/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

West

Turned out very well IMO.  Straight forward, well quoted.  Good job Mudcat!

QuoteGreg Harris, state coordinator for the organization in Kentucky, said an appreciation of the founding of the United States could benefit the nation right now.

"We believe that laziness, apathy and ignorance are really harming our country, and we want to counteract that through education about the founding of the country," he said.

West :))

Niecie

:) Fantastic coverage. Congrats!! You guys did a great job.

Niecie

POC

To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

techres

And good press is even better!  That was a short but sweet article which was on point and promoting.  Great deal!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

POC

Does "State" or "National" have to make press releases? I suppose if I wanted to write something I could post it here first for scrutiny and send it in as a "Letter to the Editor" to the local papers.

AuntieBellum

Great article!   :D

POC, we do send out news releases across the state before and after each shoot.  I just checked the list, and the Courier and Press is receiving those emails.  Now, that certainly doesn't mean you can't do something like a letter to the editor, too, but yes, you should probably have it okay'd first through yellowhousejake.   ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

POC

I may work on that afterwhile.  I'm very excited to help out, I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels with nothing to do.   :(

AuntieBellum

Something to do? Oh, we definitely have those. I'll send you a PM tonight with one of those "something to do's" this evening! Thanks for helping out!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bill of Rights

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams