News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boy Scout 100 Year Camporee 3000 Boys Scouts 8 miles North of Bloomington

Started by OutaAmmo, September 23, 2010, 05:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutaAmmo

Guys and Gals;

Got this email from my friend Mike Steffa

We are still looking for Conservation organizations to participate in the Boy Scout 100 Year Camporee.  This event is FREE OF CHARGE for you to set-up a booth.  The only day to display your brochures and miscellaneous is Saturday, October 2, 2010 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  This type of event doesn't come around too often.  There will be more than 3000 scouts here that day!  What better way to reach the YOUTH of Central Illinois!?  I hope your organization will consider setting up a booth.  For more information or to register you can contact me via this e-mail address or call me at (309) 242-5806 or call Todd Volker at (815) 431-1999.

Thank you,

Mike

Michael J. Steffa -Director

McLean County

Dept. of Parks & Recreation

13001 Recreation Area Dr.

Hudson, Illinois 61748

(309) 726-2022 Ext. 230

Mobile: (309) 242-5806

E-Mail: michael.steffa@mcleancountyil.gov

This is to good to pass up.  I have made plans for Oct 2, but could help till noon.   3000
Boys Scouts in one place on way day is too good to pass up.  Who's in?????

Hudson is 8 miles North of Bloomington on Rt 39 and one mile west.

OutaAmmo
Dave R

PHenry

I have told the story to two BSA troops to date and will do more when I can. Some of the kids are receptive and some not so much, but it's good for all of them to be exposed. I have a short version of the story if it would be of any use to you.

Too far away to assist, but I hope somebody steps up, as this is - too good to pass up!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Missouri Brigade

Looks like a great event.  I have a prior commitment that weekend.

TheEditor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Patriot Gal

Sorry Dave,

CM and I will be up in Racine this weekend.

So much to do and so little time and so few IITs...

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

wooldl

Dave,

I'm sorry that I cannot make it either.....this is obviously a great oppurtunity to spread the word but I have prior commitments.

Best of luck.

Dale
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

EEL

Been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to get there  :wall:

Don't see it happening! >:(

Such a golden opportunity  :'(
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

OutaAmmo

I did make it up Bloomington for the 100 year Boy Scout Jamboree.  Boy Scouts everywhere.  Made it up in the morning.
I put together some packets to hand out to the Scout leaders with some of the Appleseed info I had left over from the Southern Illinois Hunting and fishing days.  This was better than having a booth as I didn't have to wait for the Scout Masters to come to the booth.  Boy Scouts where everywhere.  My g/f Plenty A Ammo, and I search out the Scout Masters and handed them the packets and handed out a ton of the 3 fold Appleseed fliers to anyone that would take them and if we had time give them my 30 second Appleseed speech.  I probably won't make the next 200 year jamboree in 2110.  I felt like this was a very worth while time to promote Appleseed.  Most all the Boy Scouts that I asked if they liked to shoot said they did and when I mentioned that they shoot for Free they wanted to know when  and where.  I will now just sit back and see how many Scout Masters contact EEL and Garand69 for more info on locations and shoot dates in 2011.

OutaAmmo with the help of Plenty A Ammo

Garand69

Excellent Appleseed'n OutaAmmo O0 O0

EEL and I hit the DuPage Co. Gun Show yesterday. Even more positive feedback from Waterman and other shoots across the State. We need to get the word out everyway we can, the 2011 Appleseed Schedule is lookin' reeeeeal fun.

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz