News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Western NY Range (Rochester/Buffalo)?

Started by gunville, September 23, 2010, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunville

There have been a lot of Appleseeders traveling to VE, Throop, BFlats, etc. to attend a shoot.

If any of you know of a range (perhaps are a member there) that could host an Appleseed in the western part of the state, let's hear about it!!
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

B9

K-Wolf is working on one in Batavia NY, between rochester and Buffalo.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

nyrasgt

GV et. al.,
   There are 6+ scholastic HS rifle teams in the northwestern part of the state, between Central Square (N of Syracuse) and Buffalo; my sectional directory is home, but will post contact info for each Sectional Coordinator statewide this evening.   FYI, the areas w. largest # of teams is the above Buffalo area and Long Island, and every single HS team shooter is eligible to participate free, being under 21.  Since these shooters compete using open sights, @ 50 feet, firing at an A36 target ("bullseye" is same size as period @ end of this sentence), the AQT, other than the transitions, should be relatively easy - or not...  I will be reaching out to the coaches of these teams with materials and targets...MOST of the teams would have access to an INDOOR (!) range, and their season typically runs from  October through early March.
  The annual State Scholastic Rifle Championship is usually held @ USMA, West Point (in 2009, was @ Nassau County [Long Island] Rifle Range, next to the Nassau Coliseum).  USMA has, bar none, the finest INDOOR range facilities in the state:  THREE SEPARATE ranges (rifle, pistol, and airgun) of 24 pts each...all firing points have electronic scoring!  No paper targets.  Also, fyi, the USMA Rifle Coach is Maj. Ron Wigger, son of multiple Olympic gold medalist Lones Wigger.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Jacquie

My husband and I were at the Burlington Flats Appleseed and we were talking about having an event near Rochester.  We went to the gun show up here today and we talked to the Rochester Brooks Gun Club.  They seem VERY interested in hosting an Appleseed event. We gave them the information and I believe they will get in contact with Appleseed.  They asked if Appleseed was endorsed by the NRA. I said I didn't know.  Hope they sign-up it would be great for up here!!

Thank you again for all your time an effort WE LOVED IT!!

- trying to become a Rifleman  ^:)^

blasko

I am a member @ brooks and will voice my desire for hosting an appleseed also......

Another D.O.M.

blasko - thanks for stepping up to this task!  Both B9 and myself will be happy to work with you on getting this rolling at Brooks - just give either of us a shout and let us know how we can help.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore