News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sheets for instructors to laminate

Started by kentuckyjam, September 22, 2010, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

I carry my Instructor Manual to review before each day of a shoot.  Laminating these 2 sheets back to back is MUCH easier.  Just print off, laminate, and put on or in your clipboard.  Also helpful to lend to brand new IITs.  I left one area open on the 2nd sheet for anything you wanted to add.  
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

TBE

Those are great sheets! 
I will use them to help myself be a better instructor.
Thanks for the help KYJAM!
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

sparks1

KJ...Looking at your documents and I see under SHF's that #1 is angle to target. Where did you find this. First time I have seen this as a SHF, and wonder if it should be with SHF.

Maybe I am missing something here. Please illuminate.

Thanks

Edited to say...Not a SHF but first check body indexing to target. I see now why it is #1 on SHF list.

As you were.
Ron

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

sear

It's not.

But since it's the item instructors are most likely to leave out, IMO it should be.

kentuckyjam

Quote from: sear on November 03, 2010, 09:36:37 PM
It's not.

But since it's the item instructors are most likely to leave out, IMO it should be.

Exactly.  If something gets left out, that is it, so I listed it as #1 since you would do that first when getting into position. 
And from the Instructor Manual:

"Always begin teaching each position by demonstrating how to "index" to the target. Face the target, turn toward the trigger side hand and index approximately 30 degrees in the prone and sitting position and almost 90 degrees in the standing position. "
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Scarecrow